Penny Lane

lovetoy

I got the 'anthology' they released about 2 years back. It was a collection of their EPs. Yeah, pretty good.

I got that one too. Some great stuff on that and a great addition to the collection. I think it was pretty cheap at the time, hey? Good stuff.

what an awesome band Peny Lane were, whatever became of the promise to release a volume 2 of the Anthology? :)

I thought (according to the linear notes from memory) that the initial cd included all the tracks the band had recorded.

Me too. :)

what an awesome band Peny Lane were, whatever became of the promise to release a volume 2 of the Anthology? :)

I thought (according to the linear notes from memory) that the initial cd included all the tracks the band had recorded.

Ditto till I saw the band's ebay auction site mentioning of a possible chance of another Penny Lane anthology if sales of volume 1 went well. Considering only 1000 CDs were pressed of volume 1 I find it odd Penny Lane would release a volume 2 based on sales.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Randy M.

I've talked with both Billy Gash and Raci (ray).........there will be no more Penny Lane releases. They do have more songs, but said they did'nt do quite as well with the first cd..........if anyone wants the Anthology cd, there are still about 8 left ....Gash is selling them at his my space page.

Randy **

Was this Penny Lane from the New Jersey/New York area? I remember a band by that name around here in the very late 80s/early 90s, they used to advertise heavily in the local rock papers and stuff. They kinda dressed like Enuff Znuff (i.e. taxi driver hats, little round John Lennon style sunglasses, etc.)

• 1 month later...

Band I always wanted to get into but never got my hands on any of there stuff ... Wasnt Gash and the rest of the band at odds over something ? ..

• 4 months later...

I got a couple of live shows on video by Penny Lane recently - one is pretty funny where the bassist ends up in a fight with some guy in the crowd.

Also got another cable TV show with Lovesick which had Billy Gash on drums. I'm trying to work out if Lovesick were pre Penny Lane or after - anyone know?

• 2 years later...