Ebay seller VoldeMart

I just bought both the Burning Rain CDs on Ebay this past week from the seller VoldeMart. They are "Supposed" to be on the Z-Records label. Does Z-Records put out CDs that say they are "not supposed to be sold outside of Russia"? These discs are definitely from Russia from CD Maximum even though it does say Z-Records on the back as well. Even the inner ring right on the disc says they are not supposed to be sold outside Russia.

So...I'm guessing these are not legitimate Z-Records releases are they? Or maybe they are, I've just never come across CDs like these before. I have several other Z-Record releases such as Flame - Blaze and they are not like this. Can anyone help confirm or deny if these are legitimate, I'm pretty sure they are not.

Thanks,

Steve

Those are supposedly licensed CDs for the Russian market. They arent particularly bootlegs, but rather graymarket if imported outside CIS, as they are designed as "lite" cheaper edditions accordingly to the lower life standard in that region of the world.

Funny thing is that because the production cost there is way much cheaper, they are usually superior to the originals package-wise :).

You have to decide for yourself if you have been cheated or not. Many collectors dont like them as they arent "the real deal", plus the fact they cost like $4 retail in Russia adds some insult to the injury if you have paid a full price for it and hasnt been notified by the seller it is a "Russian edition"

I personally feel offended when the seller convenietnly "ommit" to mention those are Russian edditions, so I very carefully check seller's feedback for such indications. If I get cheated and buy one of those, I just leave neutral feedback stating what they are, so other buyers like me would know.

Easy way of determining is to look for "buy it now" prices of about $6.95 for MAJOR recently released stuff. There is no way anyone can sell the brand-new Nuclear Blast/Century Media, etc releases for $6.95 and make profit out of it!

Voldemart has been known for one of the biggest wholesale "Russian" sellers on eBay for long time, I'm a bit surprised there would be people not knowing what they are buying from him by now.

Well, I just checked the auction and it did indeed say ©2000 Z Records/2003 CDMaximum Ltd., however, I didn't know CDMaximum = Russian Pressing. I would agree that the sellers who sell these should specifically list "Russian Reissue" or something to that effect. At least I'll be all the wiser next time. To tell the truth, I think I do remember someone saying that VoldeMart sold a lot of Russian Pressings a while back, I just forgot all about it. Guess I should have figured it out from his name as well. Oh well, didn't pay all that much for them in the first place so I'll just chalk this one up to experience since I don't want to waste more money sending them back. Thanks Stormspell & Broken Spectre for the info.

By the way, the packaging is pretty good, however the pictures are all just a wee bit on the fuzzy side.

Storm,

Your absolutely right, sellers should be stating the items they are selling are Russian pressings, and not just use the word "import" in the listing. Im really shocked to read elsewhere on the net that people really dont give two hoots in hell if the disc is a Russian pressing, as long as they are getting it dirt cheap. This really hurts the US seller who obviously cannot compete with those prices, considering like you mentioned a Nuclear Blast US issue is $8.50 wholesale here in the states. I would be very curious to see what all these sellers on ebay are paying for these bad boys at wholesale. Probably a real steal.

People are popping up everywhere on ebay now selling these things..As you stated, smart to always dig through a sellers feedback to look for buyers who were not happy about a Russian pressing..

• 2023 Gold Donors

I won a couple of Russian cds by Vegasmetal. He listed them as imports. If I knew how much they originally cost, I might not have have bid so high on them. They sound ok though and the inserts look the same. They just have the stamp on them that says not for sale outside the Russian Federation.

Hello Be careful because a seller by the name of IN ROCK WE TRUST sells these CD MAXIMUM CDS doesnt state that they are His cds go cheaper than normal but where he gets you is on the shipping charges 8.99 for the 1st cd and additional are 5.99 each he says cds are located in the USA he is located in THE UNITED KINGDOM when i got my 1 cd from him they were CD MAXIMUM and the envople was postmarked from RUSSIA I inturn left him negative feedback because of this he then retalated and left me my only negative feedback say " I LIE AND SLANDER IN MY FEEDBACKS SELLERS BEWARE I then inturn said made in RUSSIA shipped from RUSSIA whose lying now all I can say is beware low price new cds especially the seller IN ROCK WE TRUST hes BAD news THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

I TOTALLY AGREE, A SELLER NEEDS TO LIST THEM AS A RUSSIAN PRESSING INSTEAD OF JUST SAYING "IMPORT" IN HIS/HER DESCRIPTION......SOME SELLERS DO LIST IT AND PEOPLE DO NOT READ THE WHOLE DESCRIPTION AND THEN GET ALL PISSED OFF BECAUSE WHEN THEY RECEIVE IT, IT IS A RUSSIAN PRESSING.....THEN WHO'S FAULT IS IT??????

I HAVE BOUGHT MANY OF THE CD MAXIMUM 2 ON 1 PRESSINGS OF CRUE/DIO/KROKUS/KISS ETC AND ALL OF THEM WERE NOT EXPENSIVE AND THE SOUND QUALITY AND ARTWORK WAS GREAT, BUT I KNEW WHAT I WAS GETTING WHEN I BOUGHT THEM.......THIS IS JUST MY OPINION......

LATER

LON

Storm,

Your absolutely right, sellers should be stating the items they are selling are Russian pressings, and not just use the word "import" in the listing. Im really shocked to read elsewhere on the net that people really dont give two hoots in hell if the disc is a Russian pressing, as long as they are getting it dirt cheap. This really hurts the US seller who obviously cannot compete with those prices, considering like you mentioned a Nuclear Blast US issue is $8.50 wholesale here in the states. I would be very curious to see what all these sellers on ebay are paying for these bad boys at wholesale. Probably a real steal.

People are popping up everywhere on ebay now selling these things..As you stated, smart to always dig through a sellers feedback to look for buyers who were not happy about a Russian pressing..

I think they wholesale for $2.50-4 each, but that's only for domestic CIS wholesalers. The Russian companies are very strict and would not even consider your request, so you have to contact the Russian skinners and get them for like $4-5

Check Irond site, if I recall correctly they should have excel spreadsheet with their domestic wholesale prices for download on their site.

Now, it was the US/European cartels like Nuclear Blast/Century Media who sold the licenses to the Russians, so they should have known better this will happen with such big difference in the prices! Not to mention that the Russian pressings often come with better packaging AND bonuses!

In some extend I'm glad those pop up on the market here, because this could eventually act as competition and push the cartels to lower the prices a bit.

I just received the new Heronymous Bosch CD on CD-Maximum label and it came with MONSTROUS 28-page glossy booklet! I had to pay arm and leg on shipping as the booklet alone weight one pound itself! imagine!

I dont remember seeing such booklet on western release, or if there was it probably would have been called SUPER-DUPER-LUX and cost $20+,

this Heronimous Bosch as it is costs like $5 :)

That would be ideal of course, but all we know it never will happen because the minute the seller indicates it is Russian no one wants to buy it :)

CD-Maxumim, Irond, and Soyuz are the leading Russian labels and their releases are pristine! Especially all Butterfly Temple releases on the Irond label are the ultimative state of the art releases and my personal example of how a CD should be released! Absolutely fabulous all around! the graphic designer who did them will instantly get ANY job here if shows them in his portfolio.

Soyuz even include OBI strips on their domestic Russian bands

BTW a lot of western companies started to recognize the Russian designers because of those "imports" and Blind Guardian already hired a russian guy.

The new Demons and Wizards CD was done by Russian guy too! He did also RAGE and ICED EARTH covers.

Storm,

Welcome to the real world. No different from arguments about cheap clothes, food, toys etc from the east. We love our cheap clothes but don't think about the impact on our own economy of buying them.

There are supposedly regulations in place (not for sale outside baltic states. etc) to try and prevent it but clearly that has no effect.

The emerging countries clearly have an advantage in the global economy at the moment but stopping the tide of the global economy is just not going to happen. These people want foreign currency and this is an easy way of obtaining it.

The question is what happens if you implement protectionistic policys. In Germany there is a lot of protectionism and the answer is simple. People go over the borders to buy petrol, medicin and anything else that they can find cheaper. Not only that but the price of 'home grown' goods goes up and in the long term you lose out. 11 percent unemployment.

The question is what happens if you implement protectionistic policys. In Germany there is a lot of protectionism and the answer is simple. People go over the borders to buy petrol, medicin and anything else that they can find cheaper. Not only that but the price of 'home grown' goods goes up and in the long term you lose out. 11 percent unemployment.

Tell me about it!

The health care/medicine prices in USA are the WORST in the whole world EVER!

They even have TV commercials trying to brainwash people how "dangerous" it is to purchase medicines from Canadian online stores, like Canadians are some sort of 3-rd world country or drug smuglers... <_<

There is a big argument going on about Walgreens right now. Apparently they donated some money to a gay eventn and some Evangelists made a fuss about it, so Walgreens used the opportunity and tried to get the support of the local homosexual population having their "street members" spreading support letters and forum messages all over the internet.

It's a standard advertising practice in this part of the world really, except for the fact that almost everyting in Walgreens is "Made in China" and it was the very conscious company's politics to move their operation abroad for the cheaper labor cost...