Collective Soul???

I see bands like Default, Creed and Fuel on here and I'm not saying those bands don't belong but I also feel like Collective Soul was closer in sound and presentation to old school hard rock than any of these bands. Undeniable hooks, earworm riffs, catchy choruses. Huge swagger but I saw someone complaining that they should never be on the site so... if I was to submit some of their albums would they be rejected?

You can pretty much talk about any music on here, regardless of genre. But it's better to discuss anything that doesn't fit into one of the specific forum categories, in the general music forum. I know Default and Fuel are in the main database, but I doubt Creed ever will be as they are far too close to grunge for many peoples tastes.

There are people here who do like them though, and you may even find a topic or two over in the general forum. Plus I know a video was posted in the music video forum recently.

I think Collective Soul has had vids posted before as well.

They certainly have a couple of fans on here. Sure it's @whiplash1972 who tends to post stuff by them.

• Like 1

Sorry, I was thinking of Alter Bridge not Creed. I was actually talking about them being listed on Heavy Harmonies not discussed on the boards. I apologize for the confusion. 

1 hour ago, Dramarama said:

Sorry, I was thinking of Alter Bridge not Creed. I was actually talking about them being listed on Heavy Harmonies not discussed on the boards. I apologize for the confusion. 

It's no drama, rama...

1 hour ago, Dramarama said:

Alter Bridge is very much in the same bracket as Audioslave. A band that is more in common with the bands we listen to, but the bands that spawned them really are not gonna get much attention on here.

Thanks, I'm still wondering if Collective Soul could make it onto Heavy Harmonies. 

I personally think the answer should be a no to Collective Soul. While I like them, I think they are more alternative rock and if they are added in the database, it means there are a thousand other 90s era bands that also should be there. I agree it is inconsistent when a band like Fuel is apparently in there too, but I don't think Fuel should be there either, for the same reasons.