Joel Cirera leaving Crazy Lixx

From FaceBook

Statement from Joél:
Dear all!
It's been a rollercoaster ride from day one and still is 20+ years later.
The places I've seen and people I've met has been nothing short of amazing and I feel a great pride in this!
None the less its time to say goodbye!
It has not been an easy decision and I have given this a lot of time and careful consideration.
My final gig will be in Copenhagen in May then I’m out.
I know the boys will find a more than suitable replacement and will be stronger than ever!
I want to thank everyone that has been a part if this over the years. Promoters, clubs, crews, festivals…all of you!
I want to thank my boys in the band,
Chrisse, Jens, Danny and Jens, for all this we have shared over the years. It's been great!
And lastly I want to thank you, the fans, for sticking by us for all this time making it possible for this dumbass drummer to be so privileged and see the world!
Thank you!
Joél

That's disappointing news , he's a powerhouse drummer , they used to make changes quite a lot during the first few releases , been steady for a while , wish him all the best and they hopefully get a replacement of similar calibre.

Edited by lettard

21 minutes ago, lettard said:

That's disappointing news , he's a powerhouse drummer , they used to make changes quite a lot during the first few releases , been steady for a while , wish him all the best and they hopefully get a replacement of similar calibre.

I think him, Danny and Jens Anderson were the only ones to be there from the first album. After the self titled album they finally found a stable line up, but sadly things like this happen when you least expect them.

I did though like a suggestion in the replies on FB, Hessu Maxx is a free agent ha ha

I mean Finland and Sweden, it's all the same right?

I'm pretty happy Crazy Lixx are still going after so many years, though I guess it isn't that unusual anymore.

Bands generally tend to last so much longer these days. During the rock era most bands came, released a ton of albums (1 sometimes 2 per year) and then flamed out. It was rare a band lasting more than 10 years, especially with the same original members. Or is it just me who thinks this?