Guess who has left Frontiers Records ... should please a few people

Musician Alessandro Del Vecchio has announced:

“AS OF TODAY, I PART WAYS WITH FRONTIERS MUSIC SRL.

I know this might sound like a shock to some, but it’s been going on for a few months now and I’m ready and glad to move on.

I'm grateful for all we’ve done together in these 13 years full of music and success. The new conditions and changes created a situation that I didn’t want to be part of anymore. Still, Edge Of Forever and Vanden Plas are signed to Frontiers, so no worry about that. I just won't be an in-house producer/songwriter and A&R for them anymore.

With Frontiers I was able to produce, work, and chart with some incredible artists like Mr. Big, Journey, Blue Oyster Cult, Night Ranger, Jorn, and Hardline and build incredible projects like Revolution Saints, the new successful era of Sunstorm, Iconic, Cleanbreak, Resurrection Kings, The End Machine, Black Swan and many others. As an A&R for the label, I brought amazing artists like Marc Storace, Gotus, Demon, Lalu, Honeymoon Suite, among many others, and I was also able to pitch one of the biggest metal bands of all time, Manowar.

My musical future is now all for Edge Of Forever, Hardline, Jorn, and Vanden Plas, and I cannot wait to tour with ProgJect in America in June and sing with some of the best musicians on the planet!

I’ll keep producing bands, writing songs, and mixing records for artists, labels, and bands, cause that’s what I love to do.

2024 will also bring my first solo album, which is absolutely different from what I’ve always done. It’s instrumental, it’s prog, there’s no guitars but the songs are filled with Hammond, Mellotron, and Minimoog. The drummer is probably the most iconic and recognizable drummer of all time, and I might be talking to a couple of guys for some guitar solos too:-) Let’s see!

As you can see, there are lots of exciting things ahead and I cannot wait to see what the future will bring. I’ll see you all up the road for my next shows or in the studio to produce, write, or mix some new fantastic music!

Wishing the best of luck to Frontiers for their future!”

2 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

Didn't look in that forum and searched his name and no topic came up (I didn't search ADV)

NOTHING will change. He will simply be replaced by someone more willing to do the work for the pittance of money on offer. Whether that ends up being better/same or worse...who knows.

BUT the label is run by one guy alone, and all decisions are his and his alone and the ruin of that label comes directly from him.

The quality really dropped off with him.

We went from everything being lifted from old Jim Peterik and Martin Brothers demo's and new material by Erik Martesson (who was patchy himself) to Alessandro for, what, 13 years?  On EVERYTHING.  And it was all terrible.

Great keyboard player.  I don't need to hear him write, sing or produce anything else for as long as I live.

He won't be missed.

10 hours ago, melodicrock said:

NOTHING will change. He will simply be replaced by someone more willing to do the work for the pittance of money on offer. Whether that ends up being better/same or worse...who knows.

BUT the label is run by one guy alone, and all decisions are his and his alone and the ruin of that label comes directly from him.

Where do I sign up.