Sepultura announce farewell tour for 40th anniversary

Eric3

https://www.sepultura.com.br/post/farewell-tour

Throughout the next 18 months we will celebrate 40 years of existence together along with our loyal fans on a farewell tour across the entire globe.

It will be a celebration of the past and the present for one final time.

After 4 decades filled with ups and downs, having visited 80 countries and countless different cultures, we’ve had the chance to become Brazil’s messenger to the world and spread our colours and rhythms worldwide. With our latest studio album ‘Quadra’, a highlight of our career, we added an unforgettable chapter followed by the “SepulQuarta” experience that helped us to overcome the difficult times of the pandemic together. We will unite our forces for one final, strong farewell. And all of you can be a part of it.

During this 40th anniversary tour, we will record 40 live tracks in 40 different cities and release a massive compilation of our best, most energetic moments on stage. We are happy and very grateful for everything we could witness within the past four decades. We have released great albums and played unforgettable shows, cultivated friendships, met our idols, contributed to placing Brazilian metal on the world map, and therefore feel that we can leave the music scene with a sense of duty fulfilled.

We’ve always had the best fans in the world, who supported us with praise and criticism, who were demanding and intelligent, who grew together with the band and have always been loyal. Without you, none of this would have been possible. This album and this tour are for you. Dear SepulNation - we love you and always will!

Euthanasia, the right to a dignified death. The right to choose to live free and to choose when you die!

Not sure how many metalheads we have here but this is a tough one for me. Sepultura single-handedly got me into the more extreme side of metal and you can bet your ass I'm going to see them one more time, when they finally announce the US tour dates of course.

Edited by Eric3

15 hours ago, Ponen said:

Include me as well. At one point, they were my favorite death metal band. Still listen to some of their hits to this day. 

I've always considered them a thrash metal band.

If Max and Igor were on board, I'd go see them as well.

Edited by Kristian

Funny that they made this announcement yesterday, cuz my Facebook memories reminded me that on the same date in 1989, I'd seen Sepultura for the first time at L'amour in Brooklyn. Now THAT was a classic gig! 

Honestly, though... I haven't given a damn about them since Roots. They jumped in the nu-metal pool with both feet on that one and I was like "Uhhh, check please."

I became mildly curious again when Derrick came on board, so I gave Against a try and was like "mmm...nah." Too hardcore for me, not enough metal.

About ten years later they released A-Lex, which was a concept album based around A Clockwork Orange, and that sounded promising... but again, when I checked it out, I was like "Mmm... nah." That was the last time I paid any attention to 'em.

They've had a pretty damn good run though!

14 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

I became mildly curious again when Derrick came on board, so I gave Against a try and was like "mmm...nah." Too hardcore for me, not enough metal.

About ten years later they released A-Lex, which was a concept album based around A Clockwork Orange, and that sounded promising... but again, when I checked it out, I was like "Mmm... nah." That was the last time I paid any attention to 'em.

You should REALLY listen to their last three albums. Their new drummer, Eloy Casagrande, is a BEAST and it's worth listening for him alone. It's not 100% thrash like their 80s material but much closer than A-Lex or Against - and much higher quality IMO.

Edited by Eric3