Robby Valentine - Embrace The Unknown

Stefan

New album out 'Embrace The Unknown' out October 21st.

Tracks:

1. Break the Chain
  2. Don’t Give Up on a Miracle
  3. Never Fall in Line
  4. Life is a Lesson
  5. My Friend (in the End)
  6. Roll Up Your Sleeves
  7. Show The Way
  8. Shadowland
  9. Take Me to the Light
  10. Embrace the Unknown

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

• Stefan changed the title to Robby Valentine - Embrace The Unknown

Another big release for me this year. Mine is presently on it's way  from Robby's website. Can't wait to hear it all.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DaHun72 said:

I've gone off Robbie the past few albums but interested to hear your thoughts on this one.

Bit like you. With Euro to our dollar is ridiculous, as you have to buy from his site.

I've  been spinning this one all week and it's another tremendous album. All of Robby's hallmarks are there, with the big Queen, Muse, The Beatles influences to the fore, but all moulded together to make Robby's trademark sound. A really strong set here, with some great musicianship, glorious harmonies, and a few 'quirky' twists and turns along the way too.  'My Friend (In The End), Show The Way and the excellent title track (that deals with Robby's sight loss) are my top picks, but over all, the whole album is a really excellent addition to his back catalogue, that is better then the previous 'Alliance' and equal, if not better than 2014's 'superb 'Bizarro World'.

• 2 weeks later...

Man this is an acquired taste well beyond my acquired taste buds. I just didn't enjoy this one single bit. I guess 'Take Me to the Light' is probably the most likely stab at something older melodic rock fans might still enjoy from this, but even that's still way off target for me. 

I'd trust that Jez is spot on with what his influences are on this album, which also explains why it's miles away from anything I could ever see myself enjoying. But I still need to give it at least one spin. 

Funnily enough, I spun this yesterday and was all like, how did I ever like anything from this dude, lol? But as fate would have it, going through my 1992 albums, I was going through the R's today and his debut came into my speakers. So many killer songs, reminding me why he at least deserves that quick peek in to see if he's doing something I don't hate again... but alas, he is not. 

I really dislike his voice, but for whatever it's worth, this is one set of vocal chords that seems pretty close to what it was 30 years ago... for better or worse. ;)

• 3 months later...