Stone Glory - ST (2013)

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

This one falls into the "How the fuck did I miss this?" category. 

I'm a fan of "Stereoside", but wasn't aware of this band featuring their vocalist, "Jeff Shields" until I saw some tracks recently posted on Cody's YouTube channel. 

It's a 14 track album and I've posted 8. I could've easily posted the whole album. I instantly loved it.

This is KILLER, KILLER stuff and I'm getting a "Matt Alfonzetti" vibe with the vocals. 

That's how good it is.

Thanks Cody!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2023 at 11:12 PM, Darkstone said:

Thank Cody.

I would have posted it a long time ago but I just assumed that everyone had already heard it, they played the fuck out of Rise on a couple of radio stations here in SLC, kind of the "this is the replacement for Stereoside, until the guys decide they dont want to murder each other, and can be in the same room and pretend to like each other long enough to write enough material for a new album" until that happens, you have SG, LOL,

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
15 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I would have posted it a long time ago but I just assumed that everyone had already heard it, they played the fuck out of Rise on a couple of radio stations here in SLC, kind of the "this is the replacement for Stereoside, until the guys decide they dont want to murder each other, and can be in the same room and pretend to like each other long enough to write enough material for a new album" until that happens, you have SG, LOL,

I certainly hadn't heard it and I love it.

You post a lot of good stuff on your YouTube channel mate.

You should start posting it here as well.

• Thanks 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 1/8/2023 at 4:04 AM, Darkstone said:

I'm surprised about the lack of comments on this one.

I'm absolutely loving it.

This album is a real hidden gem. 

Totally missed this when you posted it so i have it lined up to give it a listen today at work. The Matt Alfonzetti comparison piqued my intrest as i love that dudes vocals.

• Like 1

I to love Matti, I am biased, I only here Mr. Shields when I listen to them, so I am tainted as far as being open minded listening, on a side note, I actually listen to Machine frequently, it reminds me of when my ex was pregnant with my daughter, because it came out at that time, so it has many awesome memories when I listen to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I certainly hadn't heard it and I love it.

You post a lot of good stuff on your YouTube channel mate.

You should start posting it here as well.

If you have ever looked at who subscribes to my channel, it's a very small group of interesting listeners, people who are trying to run radio stations, old industry people, other people who have channels, I started that station to promote bands I was working with who werent signed, it was like that for about 2 weeks, then I started posting shit I thought were good enough that I wanted people to hear them, if you ever get a minute, click on some of the videos then scroll down and read the comments, so many awesome bands have somehow found my channel and been more then grateful for my promotion of them, the 1 problem in 15 years ive had, only 1, the douche bags in Jet Red were on the verge of taking legal action for me posting Take Me Tonight on there, last I checked, the promotion is something that would possibly be a positive for them, didnt know they were so sought out that taking legal action over a small time youtuber would be of financial detriment to them.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Great hard rock album indeed with "Because Of You" being my favourite track. As for the voice although not a carbon copy of Matt Alfonzetti you can indeed hear touches of his vocals in Jeff Shields voice.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
19 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

Great hard rock album indeed with "Because Of You" being my favourite track. As for the voice although not a carbon copy of Matt Alfonzetti you can indeed hear touches of his vocals in Jeff Shields voice.

Absolutely. 

It's an Alfonzetti vibe at times IMHO.

Certainly not a carbon copy of the great Matti, but who is?

As you said, there are certain touches. 

"Outrunning the Devil" is my favourite track BTW.

A Killer tune.