Hair of the Dog - ST (1997)

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I think this debut from these guys is their best.

I get an early "Roxy Blue" vibe and that's always a good thing.

Just a Killer Hard Rock album. Here's 5 tracks. 

"Cadillac Jack" is a 10/10 track for sure.

Edited by Darkstone

Don't actually remember this one, to be honest. I own(ed?) 'Rise' and remember that kind of well, but not 100% sure I ever checked out this one... 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• My two cents... This site's database was probably the single biggest factor in me getting into the AOR/melodic rock subgenre, and I was like a kid in a candy shop for a while because I knew *almost* every artist on here would appeal to me and fit what I was looking for. Finding new music you enjoy is one of life's greatest pleasures and for a while this site was my go-to. I'll always be grateful to Dan and the rest of the contributors for that. That being said, I worry that it will lose a lot of that appeal if it just starts adding a bunch of artists that play rock music but do not fit in the AOR/melodic rock subgenre. There are a few bands on here that are already pushing it and if every artist with two guitars and a big snare drum gets admitted, what's separating this database from any other? We are all fans of a type of music that is quite "niche" these days but that's what makes the site special. tl;dr I vote no on all of them. I vote no on Creed twice.
    • There is always gonna be a fine line between what is an is not gonna cut the mustard on here. As I said before, Cornell is an amazing singer and the stuff he did with Audioslave was certainly deserving of a place on the site as there was so much 70s hard rock/metal to their sound. But Soundgarden certainly does not fit beyond a few songs here and there. And his solo stuff is all over the place genre wise. His James Bond theme, you know my name is one of my favourite hard rock songs of all time and if he had released a whole album in that style, I would whole heartedly support that being on the site, but as much as I really like his Carry on album, it just does not belong here. And I would be really against stuff like Pearl Jam and Creed not because I flat out hate them, but just because I don't think they really fit. There are bands I love I would not want on here, and there are bands I hate who I fully support them being on here (The Darkness for example). The other thing to consider, as it was mentioned by someone, it does not matter if certain members of a band have albums on here, that does not mean there other bands belong on here. Audioslave yes, Soundgarden and RATM, no. Scott Stapp (can't really comment) but Creed, no. Mother Love Bone, yes. Pearl Jam, no. And with some of the other bands mentioned, like The Cars. It's a slippery slope, as where do you stop? Should Dire Straits be on here? Bruce Springsteen? Huey Lewis? Mellencamp? All artists I really like, but don't think they have a place.
    • Really looking forward to a couple of upcoming releases as well. Maverick is sounding promising, and most hyped for The Warning as all singles released from that so far have been top notch. Plus there is the new Rolling Quartz EP on the horizon.  
    • While I enjoy listening to some of those bands, I'd vote no on including any in the HH main database.  Especially the ones I'd classify as grunge (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Mudhoney) or alternative rock (Live and Collective Soul) as for me those are the antithesis of what I consider a HH artist to be.
    • Might be a bit obvious, and there are so many songs with this name, but these are my faves
    • 'Till The End' sampler.    
    • I honestly think so. I submitted the 2 Chronicle cds today.
    • What about Creedence Clearwater Revile, do they belong here?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.