British Lion - The Burning

Shows how unique Steve's bass playing is. Very distinctive.
I tried the last album, and couldn't get into it.
Doubt I'll bother with this one.
Even Maiden I struggle to get in to these days :(

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Even Maiden I struggle to get in to these days :(

I used to love Maiden but weirdly lost interest in their new output after Bruce rejoined.

The music just became so repetitive and cliched, often sounding like they were paying tribute to older songs rather than playing new songs.

The first album they did with him after he returned (Brave new world) had a couple of ok songs on it, but most of the choruses were just the same line repeated over and over again.

Now though, all they seem to release is live album after live album.

12 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I used to love Maiden but weirdly lost interest in their new output after Bruce rejoined.

The music just became so repetitive and cliched, often sounding like they were paying tribute to older songs rather than playing new songs.

The first album they did with him after he returned (Brave new world) had a couple of ok songs on it, but most of the choruses were just the same line repeated over and over again.

Now though, all they seem to release is live album after live album.

Very much the same for me, but I lost interest a bit earlier.
For me, jumping the shark was after Seventh Son.
Since then it's always been forced to listed to the music enough to get to really like it.
the rewards are there for persistence, but I have little excitement for new releases.

I class them as a bit ACDCish in the way they their music is no longer diverse enough to generate interest.
Between No Prayer and Dance Of Death I have added an average of 3 songs per album to my best of folder, a far cry from the earlier album average of 6 or 7 per album.

I've dabbled in their latest album, but not much interest again, haven't even tried out the two before the latest.

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Very much the same for me, but I lost interest a bit earlier.
For me, jumping the shark was after Seventh Son.
Since then it's always been forced to listed to the music enough to get to really like it.
the rewards are there for persistence, but I have little excitement for new releases.

I class them as a bit ACDCish in the way they their music is no longer diverse enough to generate interest.
Between No Prayer and Dance Of Death I have added an average of 3 songs per album to my best of folder, a far cry from the earlier album average of 6 or 7 per album.

I've dabbled in their latest album, but not much interest again, haven't even tried out the two before the latest.

I can honestly say that Seventh son up to X-Factor is probably my favourite era of Maiden. I did not mind Virtual XI but it just was not a patch on the previous album for me (although Clansman is a monster song). Everything since then I can take or leave. I like a couple of tracks on Brave new world, but everything since, I don't even think I can tell you a single song off of any of those albums.

Nothing bad on them, just nothing that amazing either.