Overkill - The Wings Of War

All Nights Reserved

overkillcdnov18.jpg

OVERKILL Reveal New Album, 'The Wings Of War', Out February 22, 2019!

Legendary New Jersey thrashers OVERKILL will unleash their 19th studio record, The Wings Of War, on February 22, 2019 via Nuclear Blast .

Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth comments, "It was a blast making The Wings of War! It is something old feeling new again, as our chemistry was altered by the addition of Jason Bittner. I was curious from the get-go, how would it pan out? I think what we accomplished here is a new, upgraded Overkill that embraced the new chemistry, while taking our roots into the present. The new formula produced not only more raw power, but more places to go with melody, a win, win. The key is being not only interested in the change, but part of it. I'll tell you what, it's still fun as hell making Overkill records.

The Wings Of War was recorded at Gear Recording Studio in New Jersey, SKH Studio in Florida and Jrod Productions with engineering handled by DD and Dave. The album was produced by the band while Chris "Zeuss" Harris.handled the mixing and mastering. Travis Smith (NEVERMORE, OPETH, SOILWORK, DEATH...) was once again enlisted to create the artwork for the album.

'The Wings Of War' Track Listing
1 Last Man Standing
2 Believe In The Fight
3 Head Of A Pin
4 Bat Shit Crazy
5 Distortion
6 A Mother's Prayer
7 Welcome To The Garden State
8 Where Few Dare To Walk
9 Out On The Road-Kill
10 Hole In My Soul

• 3 weeks later...

What they said.

What an absolutely consistent band. I can not think of many that can churn out 30 years of solid albums. Bobby voice is still super powerful and is it me or is this track in particular the Dark era MC sounding?

Hope they tour this in the NW as this is a band that I have yet to see, but need too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there a more consistent thrash metal band that survived the groove trend of the '90s and is still putting out killer material after all these years? Both the back and front ends of their catalog are amazing.

I seem to have left my thrasher days in high school but I have nothing but respect for these guys. One of the greatest bands of their subgenre, maybe the greatest ever honestly if you consider longevity+consistency of quality.

20 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Is there a more consistent thrash metal band that survived the groove trend of the '90s and is still putting out killer material after all these years? Both the back and front ends of their catalog are amazing.

I seem to have left my thrasher days in high school but I have nothing but respect for these guys. One of the greatest bands of their subgenre, maybe the greatest ever honestly if you consider longevity+consistency of quality.

Talking about the groove trend their albums between 1993 and 2003 were groove metal in a way or two. ;)

1 hour ago, All Nights Reserved said:

Talking about the groove trend their albums between 1993 and 2003 were groove metal in a way or two. ;)

Indeed. That was definitely the weakest of their eras. When creating mix CDs of their stuff, I usually break the band down into different eras.

For example, the Bobby Gustafson years was Volume 1.

The Gant/Cannavino era was Volume 2.

The Sebastian Marino and Joe Comeau years Volume 3.

4 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

Yeah, I meant that the material they put out then was still pretty decent. Bloodletting is in my top 5 Overkill albums.

• 3 weeks later...