Disturbed - Are You Ready

heavyharmonies

Me likey! It's not as heavy as their older material, but seems to have a bit more lush musicality. I like the synth work. Polishes the edges a bit.

Die-hards already hate it, and die-hards *always* hate when a band goes more melodic, so it can't possibly be bad. :lol:

Not the greatest song they've ever done, but a good'un nonetheless. It sounds like Disturbed, which is good enough for me. If it's more polished and/or melodic, it's not by much. In a world full of modern hard rock/metal sound-alikes, these guys have always sported a distinct style that has resonated.

• 2 months later...

Listening to the new album, and I'm impressed. It's somewhat ballad-heavy, believe it or not, and may not have as hard an edge as their earliest material, but I am really enjoying it. The production is top notch. Very listenable if you like the Disturbed sound/style, which I do.

Sadly, I disliked this quite a lot. Yep, lots of ballads and they were very, very obviously trying to capitalise on their recent chart success. But I'm 95% sure they won't get it. I just don't think the songs are good at all; soft or not. I've never been a fan of this band so I wasn't expecting to be mind-changed... and I sure as hell wasn't. :(

Realistically though Geoff, if you've "never been a fan of this band" is there anything they could have released that you would have liked? Almost certainly not. So it's really not an indictment of this particular release.

On 10/26/2018 at 11:49 PM, heavyharmonies said:

Realistically though Geoff, if you've "never been a fan of this band" is there anything they could have released that you would have liked? 

Yep. Good songs. ;)

Haha. Yeah, it's one of those bands I should have stopped bothering with a while ago... hopefully this was the one that puts and end to it.