RIP David Zablidowsky

martinsane

I am certain many have read this story, it was buried in an Adrenalin Mob thread so some may have missed it. I have been binge watching ZRock episodes and listening to Z02 so went looking and didn't see a proper thread to David.

David passed away as a result of a tragic and horrific auto accident on July 15th 2017. He was 38.

Rest in piece David as everyone knows you were a hellofa musician and your talent will be missed.

David-Z.jpg

Here is the story of the incident:

The Florida Highway Patrol has identified the people involved in yesterday's crash that resulted in the death of ADRENALINE MOB bassist David Zablidowsky.

The accident occurred near Micanopy early Friday afternoon when a tractor-trailer veered off Interstate 75 and struck the band's RV, which had pulled off the highway with a flat tire. ADRENALINE MOB was traveling in the RV and a van that was pulling a covered trailer.

According to Gainesville.com, a total of nine people were in the vehicles. One died, six were taken to area hospitals, and the other two declined medical treatment. The majority of those injured were listed in serious condition and one was in critical condition as of late Friday night. Those injured were taken to UF Health Shands Hospital and North Florida Regional Medical Center.

The people in the crash and their injuries, as per the Florida Highway Patrol:

* Robert Edwin Haines, 59, of Largo, driver of the 2014 semi, who was not injured;

* Jason McCole, 41, of Wilksbarre, Pennsylvania, driver of the RV, who was seriously injured;

* Zablidowsky, 38, who was a passenger in the RV. [Note: The Florida Highway Patrol had not released David's identity to the media as of Friday evening, but Zablidowsky's brother Paulie confirmed his passing in a Facebook post.]

* A second passenger in the RV, ADRENALINE MOB singer Russell Allen, 45, of New Jersey, who was seriously injured;

* A third passenger, ADRENALINE MOB tour manager Janet Rains (a.k.a. acclaimed singer Jane Train; apparently misidentified by Gainesville.com as Janet Revis), 48, of Pitts Pond, Pennsylvania, who was critically injured,

* A fourth passenger, Dale Campiglia, 51, of Levittown, New York, who was seriously injured;

* A fifth passenger, Robert Dressler, 45, of Plaines, Pennsylvania, who was seriously injured;

* The driver of a 2003 GMC Sierra, ADRENALINE MOB drummer Jordan Cannata, 27, of West Babylon, New York, who was seriously injured; and

* The lone passenger in the GMC, ADRENALINE MOB's 46-year-old guitarist Mike Orlando of Staten Island, New York, who was seriously injured.

The status of the injured is currently unknown, but Orlando's girlfriend Dana Griffo clarified on Facebook late Friday night that Orlando, Allen, Cannata and Dressler were "banged up but ok." She also said that she was "praying for" Campiglia, Rains and McCloe.

According to the police, the GMC was traveling southbound on I-75 near Mile Marker 372 with the RV, and both vehicles stopped on the shoulder. The semi collided with the vehicles that were stopped on the shoulder and the RV caught fire where the passenger died. The RV and the GMC were traveling together. The RV had a flat tire, so both vehicles pulled off the highway. The trailer that was being towed by the van was hauling musical equipment.

ADRENALINE MOB was scheduled to play Friday night in St. Petersburg.

The band was touring in support of its third studio album, "We The People", which was released on June 2 via Century Media. The follow-up to 2014's "Men Of Honor" was the first ADRENALINE MOB release to feature Zablidowsky and Cannata.

• 3 months later...

I've finally processed this, but it still hit me hard.  Even though I hadn't seen ZO2 since 2010 (and, if memory serves, same thing for TSO), I still feel so incredibly close to the ZO2 guys.  Some of the greatest memories I'll ever have we due to the people I met because of the shows and spending time with the guys after shows.

Not that any "premature" passing isn't sad, but Dave was such a good soul.  Genuinely wanted to entertain/make people happy.  I can only imagine how those he was close to were hit by his untimely passing.

RIP Dave Z.

• 4 weeks later...

As a way to try to deal with this rough year, Paul Zablidowsky made a tribute video to his brother, singing a song originally sung by the brilliant, sadly also gone too soon, Daryl Pediford.  Prince of Peace is one of the more powerful vocal performances in the TSO show and Paul sings with great emotion in tribute to his late brother David.  (No one will ever match Diamond Daryl, but knowing the reason Paulie chose this song and hearing the emotion in his vocals, he does a great job.)  Even though it's been years since I've had contact with any of the guys, this still hits me SO hard.