Mortiis40

Hi people. I was wanting to post this here, as I have scoured the internet back to front for many years now, trying to find information on a band called Suite Jane. They had a song "Innocent 'Till Now" which appeared on an episode of Playboy's Hot Rocks show back in the early days.

For many years, both my brother and I have tried to contact record label Spectradyne Records (which could maybe have been a side-label of Playboy's cable channel), stores, magazines and websites. For a long time, people did not believe us that the band actually existed until others had seen the video we had recorded from cable too.

It has surfaced on Youtube, and yet still no further information known about the band or the wonderful singer behind it. Link posted above.

PLEASE HELP solve the mystery ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Any idea what town / state / country they are from? Do you known any of the band members names?

I did a quick Google search and this topic is on a number of boards.

There is a thread those goes deep into some history like maybe this is some hired players doing this time for the videos.

Otherwise I could come up with zero.

Any idea what town / state / country they are from? Do you known any of the band members names?

I did a quick Google search and this topic is on a number of boards.

There is a thread those goes deep into some history like maybe this is some hired players doing this time for the videos.

Otherwise I could come up with zero.

Yeah I did see those posts on the other forums too. My first thought was that maybe this band only had this one song before they called it quits but it seems strange for an unknown band with only one song to have produced a video clip.

Anyway I do hope the original poster finds an answer soon. I posted it on FB in the hope someone there might recognise it.

Looks as if the poster has been MIA since starting this thread was started.

That said, I was provided the following intriguing information regarding the singer of the original posts song Lisa Jane and a previous band entitled Blackat which also included these members: Dave Morris - Guitars, Dale Holland - Drums and Carl Morris - Bass. Not much else out there but this adds a few more tracks for those that enjoy the singer...

Many thanks to (XXXXX), I will leave that up to them if they choose to take credit where credit is due.

Hi people. I was wanting to post this here, as I have scoured the internet back to front for many years now, trying to find information on a band called Suite Jane. They had a song "Innocent 'Till Now" which appeared on an episode of Playboy's Hot Rocks show back in the early days.

For many years, both my brother and I have tried to contact record label Spectradyne Records (which could maybe have been a side-label of Playboy's cable channel), stores, magazines and websites. For a long time, people did not believe us that the band actually existed until others had seen the video we had recorded from cable too.

It has surfaced on Youtube, and yet still no further information known about the band or the wonderful singer behind it. Link posted above.

PLEASE HELP solve the mystery ;-)

Thanks in advance.

I know nuthin' about nuthin', but for what it's worth I do like that song.

• 2 years later...

Suite Jayne was a band in Austin Texas that existed in the late 80’s early nineties. The band consisted of Jayne(vocals) Tim(keyboards) Ed (bass) Will (gtr) Bill (gtr) now deceased. There was an albums worth of material recorded but never released or finalized. Spectradyne was a video company but not a record label. They made videos for the playboy channel I believe but it was long ago and hard to remember for sure, They choose this song and shot the video and we were allowed to use it for promotional purposes. When the music scene changed and alternative became the norm the band was disbanded.