Electric Light Orchestra

metaltrekman

Ive been a ELO (Jeff Lynne) fan for over 40 years. Ive always had some of their music around to play. I saw them in the mid 70s when a Pre-Perry Journey opened for them. The players have come and gone and around 86 the pretty much broke up. Later a ELO II was formed (not) with Jeff Lynne. Ive never heard any of their music. (am I really missing anything)? And then about 2001 Jeff released "Zoom" doing a couple TV show concerts releasing a DVD of it. But no tour. Lots of re-issues, collections and "best of's" released in the mean while.

But now there is this. :dance:

"Known as one of the most iconic forces in music history, Jeff Lynne’s ELO is set to deliver a new album which will be the first new ELO music in 15 years. Entitled Alone In The Universe, the album is set for global release November 13th on Columbia Records." Check out the track "When I Was A Boy" :D

eloalbumsept.png

http://bravewords.com/news/jeff-lynnes-elo-alone-in-the-universe-album-details-revealed-when-i-was-a-boy-track-streaming

I'll wait until I hear some up-tempo and more richly orchestrated material before drawing any conclusions, but that track just reminds me of a Traveling Dingleberries tune. Does nothing for me...