Valerie - Young Hunger

Stefan

Hmmm, that's a shame. Their debut showed promise and I thought they'd be better by the 2nd release, but that sounds exactly the same as their previous stuff. Still a long way off many of their peers, imo.

Tracklist for the new album 'Young Hunger':

01. Night After Night
02. Love & Affection
03. Bye, Bye
04. Firm Believer
05. All I Want (All I Need)
06. No Way Back
07. Young Hunger
08. The Last Time
09. Dance (Heart To Heart)
10. Together As One
11. Get Ready (bonus)

valerie-younghunger.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Tracklist for the new album 'Young Hunger':

01. Night After Night

02. Love & Affection

03. Bye, Bye

04. Firm Believer

05. All I Want (All I Need)

06. No Way Back

07. Young Hunger

08. The Last Time

09. Dance (Heart To Heart)

10. Together As One

11. Get Ready (bonus)

valerie-younghunger.jpg

Album preview: https://soundcloud.com/valerieband/young-hunger-album-preview#t=0:00

The production is of demo quality, but the gang vocals and songs themselves sound alright.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my christ, that is fucking terrible. If you either have it or you don't, these guys, sadly, just really don't have it. It's harsh, but they need to quit immediately and try something else with their lives.

• 2 months later...

Oh my christ, that is fucking terrible. If you either have it or you don't, these guys, sadly, just really don't have it. It's harsh, but they need to quit immediately and try something else with their lives.

Okay, not one to shy away from my shortcummings, I have to admit this was probably a bit harsh.

Turns out this thing isn't half bad. The first song is awful, with a useless chorus. The second song is an abomination, despite a great musical intro... but man the chorus is awful. BUT, after these two clunkers, this turns into a pretty nice album. They're still a very basic band, but there is some surprisingly good stuff on here.

'All I want (All I need)' is probably my favourite tune.

• 6 months later...

Okay, not one to shy away from my shortcummings, I have to admit this was probably a bit harsh.

Turns out this thing isn't half bad. The first song is awful, with a useless chorus. The second song is an abomination, despite a great musical intro... but man the chorus is awful. BUT, after these two clunkers, this turns into a pretty nice album. They're still a very basic band, but there is some surprisingly good stuff on here.

Is this really that bad?

Is this really that bad?

What do you mean? Didn't I just finish saying it was actually pretty decent? Will you fight me?

Is this really that bad?

What do you mean? Didn't I just finish saying it was actually pretty decent? Will you fight me?

Sure. Are we still using pink champagne and gummy bears as weapons?

Is this really that bad?

Sure. Are we still using pink champagne and gummy bears as weapons?

Yes. And beef tenderloins.

• 2 weeks later...