ebay seller plot

Ok guys help me out and tell me if this sound slike the seller is up to something. I had a bid in the other day on a CD winning it. This guy then outbid me. I put in another bid and was winning it again at $16. Well last night this guy put in a bid again and outbid me. Well he has now retracted the bid saying entered wrong amount and he did it twice last night and instead of me winning it for $16 I'm winning it for my high bid. Shouldn't it go back. I mean this guy retracted.

But what gets me is this same guy did it to me a few weeks ago and the same thing happened but didn't think much of it then. I am looking into if this is the same seller.

Just thoughts. I'm probably being paranoid. :unsure:

Also I didn't want to mention the seller yet or the other person till I'm sure of something. Hate to give someone a bad name because I'm paranoid.

The bid you placed is only your highest bid. If you placed a $20 bid on a cd that starts at $5 and no one bids on it, you'll get it for the $5. If another guy comes along and bids 3-4 times and gives up, you'll get it at just a little over what the other guys highest bid is. If he retracts his bid, your winning price should go back down to the bid he placed before the one he retracted. Follow me?

I follow you, which is how I was looking at it, but he retracted all his bids, but it is staying at my max bid. It never went back down to the last bid. Oh well. I'll pay that price. I just think it should be $6 less. Its just me. But then this guy who retracts bids has 0 feedback. Which is because he has 4 positives and 4 negatives.

Ok I'm done. I was tired and frustrated this morming.

That sounds like a problem with Ebay itself. I would be contacting them regarding the issue. You should definitely get the item for the price you had on the table before the other guy raised your bid and then backed out.

It could be that he has retracted his second bid only,that would keep you at the higher price as his original bid still stands.

If he retracted both bids then it would drop to the price you originally bid!

It shows on the bids that there were three bids. When you look at bid history there is my original, then his first one, then my next one. Then it shows he retracted a bid that was 50 cents over mine and retracted one a $1 over mine. There were no other bids to knock it up there. This same bidder has done this to me before. Plus this morning he had 0 feedback 4 positives and 4 negatives and I reading his negatives. But now he's private. Sounds weird to me.

To tell you the truth I really don't care anymore. I guess I think if he bidded more times that they would show the ones that put me where I am.

I have my bid and that is it. So it doesn't matter.

From what you just said it means he never retracted his first bid meaning its your second bid that stands!

If he retracted that one as well then your first bid would've been the one to stand!

Well...be a weenie and retract your bids as well and then rebid to see what happens :angel:

I don't really care anymore. I don't think anyone is understanding what I'm trying to say. Its just frustrating when the same guy has done this to me before. I'm not worried about it anymore. It's trivial now.

I follow you, which is how I was looking at it, but he retracted all his bids, but it is staying at my max bid. It never went back down to the last bid. Oh well. I'll pay that price. I just think it should be $6 less. Its just me. But then this guy who retracts bids has 0 feedback. Which is because he has 4 positives and 4 negatives.

Ok I'm done. I was tired and frustrated this morming.

Dont forget that when the guy outbids you he can clearly see what your highest bid is, and then retract and place new bid which is just barely under yours, so it will boost you up to your limit. This is common "trick" and seems you got fallen victim to a schemer - report him to eBay at once!