Tom Cochrane - Take It Home

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

I need to stop relying on you lot to inform me on every single release, because this one passed me by already. I thought it was being released in March. Anyway, this will likely appeal to the Jezzers here. I've only heard the one track posted below, but if that is any indication of the rest then this might be one of my favourite releases this year. I'm so glad Mr. Cochrane is "Back in the Game."

Take It Home

1. Can't Stay Here

2. Sunday Afternoon Hang

3. Diamonds

4. Country Girls Never Get Old

5. When the Light Starts to Fade

6. Pink Time

7. First Time Around

8. The Ones That I've Known

9. Another Year

10. A Prayer for Hope

11. Back in the Game

Wow I never would have picked this as something you would be into mr karpet. Not knocking it or anything. It's a pretty harmless song from the so called "heartland rock" genre. Nothing bad to say about it. Doesn't get me excited though.

So who is Tom Cochrane? Is he meant to be someone we know? Anyway, yeah, not my thing either but pretty harmless for what it is. Would sit well in the collection next to a Travelling Wilburys CD.

• My Little Pony

Tom Cochrane is pretty much a household name in Canada. At least with the older generation. You two probably know his song "Life Is A Highway." It reached #2 in Australia back in '91 or '92.

But, like I said, this is for Jez and like minded folk.

His latest solo album is good if you are a fan, but may not appeal to all here on HH. He has a very good and extensive back catalogue of work, and the stuff he did with the excellent Red Rider is especially well worth looking into if you like your AOR.

Tom Cochrane is pretty much a household name in Canada. At least with the older generation. You two probably know his song "Life Is A Highway." It reached #2 in Australia back in '91 or '92.

Ha, yeah I remember that song! That brings back some memories. Fun harmless radio fodder, and I think my brothers and I enjoyed it - I know we'd get a kick out of it now if I brought it along to our next meeting. But yeah, not something I'd listen to alongside Blue Tears or Care Of Night. ;)