Hearts & Hands - Let Go

Leykis101

Just read a bio on these guys and I'm amazed this is not a band/members I know from other projects. Holy f*ck this sounds familiar. Like There For Tomorrow, Saosin, a heap of other bands. Jeez I was sure I'd see a familiar name there.

Anyway, sounds really cool. This is the kind of stuff I fear I'm missing out on these days. I have heard about 1 modern album for every 20-30 album catered for on this site this year. I don't like it, really feel like I'm missing out. Where do you find out about bands like this, man?

Thanks for the heads up, will check out asap.

• 3 weeks later...

You will know a name on their album that's just about finished being mixed, (he he he) I am chumming the waters is what im doing, I will let you know as shit progresses, glad you like them, makes me excited, I basically put this up here, knowing only you would listen, and comment, and maybe KarpetbagOfunkridefunkysmellinpussymetalride might have a wise ass comment to add, but yeah, they put out this disc, and were basically on the verge of saying fuck it! been a hard road getting looked over while other less talented bands were being signed, then promoted to prominences, but with a little talking we find they didn't want to quit, they just want to be heard, and get lots and lots of ass, fucking awesome new songs bro, all of which have a ting of melodic hard rock, and less emo\post punk influence, they are all straight from my city, my state, not really any other projects, and not really known by anyone outside of Utah, I saw dollar signs when I heard them, then to find out they were crashed and burned, couldn't plan a better scenario, I'll let you go listen to another song, instead of having to make it and post it, go track down, and check out the title track off this album, My Own Machine, a fucking tits song, and when I'm able i'll email you some shit.

No man, Alex Koelher is the vocalist for Deathcore band Chelsea Grin, they have been around awhile, and are pretty well known, his guitar tech Alex Lyman got together with who is basically unknown and brand new vocalist Garrett Garfield and began writing songs, Alex Koheler appeared on their debut EP, he added the lead vocals that are the screams, being it was semi screamo, then Alex didnt like the fact the band wanted to slow it down, and start becoming more melodic rock, so he dipped, so the screamo is completely gone from the band now, these guys are NOTHING!! like Chelsea Grin mind you, and they are progressing at an alarming rate, realizing what an awesome sound they have, and how good they sound incorporating basic melodic rock elements into it, just wait, you'll see, they sound fucking awesome they really do, they are just newbies at doing the melodic rock thing, and are trying to detect and perfect the sound.

No man, Alex Koelher is the vocalist for Deathcore band Chelsea Grin, they have been around awhile, and are pretty well known, his guitar tech Alex Lyman got together with who is basically unknown and brand new vocalist Garrett Garfield and began writing songs, Alex Koheler appeared on their debut EP, he added the lead vocals that are the screams, being it was semi screamo, then Alex didnt like the fact the band wanted to slow it down, and start becoming more melodic rock, so he dipped, so the screamo is completely gone from the band now, these guys are NOTHING!! like Chelsea Grin mind you, and they are progressing at an alarming rate, realizing what an awesome sound they have, and how good they sound incorporating basic melodic rock elements into it, just wait, you'll see, they sound fucking awesome they really do, they are just newbies at doing the melodic rock thing, and are trying to detect and perfect the sound.

Uhuh, that's what I said/meant/whatever. :)

The song in the thread from H&H was not a bad song just not my bag.

AND that Chelsea Grin is and shouldn't be anybodies bag, YUK.

Carry on!

Uhuh, that's what I said/meant/whatever. :)

The song in the thread from H&H was not a bad song just not my bag.

AND that Chelsea Grin is and shouldn't be anybodies bag, YUK.

Carry on!

Yeah, chelsea grin fucking blow

Haha, I wouldn't go and seek them out, but I kinda dig that Chelsea Grin song. Well, in places... kind of. Maybe not as a whole. lol.

Anyway Cody, as for your relationship with Hearts & Hands; sounds genuinely exciting. I honestly can't wait to hear their new stuff. How far off do you think a release is? Are they still signed?

Good question, they might shop for a better label, since the new sound isnt a very popular direction their going in, I believe they are bound to another disc, but could very well drop them and release a live or GH album, I hate it when a band has a GH after 2 discs, and no hits, don't you?I don't know, im just trying to keep my attention, I have an attention problem, and I have work waiting for me, work im excited to do, and want all this done by then, I keep you posted,

• 7 years later...

On Nov 23rd it will mark a year since I lost a good friend and a genuinely good person, who also happened to be the vocalist for H&H's, me and his fiance Hailey, have found a bunch of stuff he did and sadly never got to release, most of it is just missing parts of music, like some guitar overdubs, or bass tracks, but he tracked about 6 songs and finished them, side and imaging as well as BGV's, Im talking to Alex about finishing these songs, what a shame, this set of songs could have fucking been ground breaking, it seems like the greatest ones just cannot ever get along with each other, I just cant help but feel they were on the verge of busting wide open, it makes my fucking heart hurt, Garrett was a truly talented vocalist, just universally, to think what he could've done just sucks the life out of me, what a fucked up feeling

Wow, sad to hear about the passing. Would be really interested to hear the songs if they ever see the light of day. I never actually heard the 'My Own Machine' album but should probably try and find a way to do so. All the songs I can find on youtube sound nice.

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

Wow, sad to hear about the passing. Would be really interested to hear the songs if they ever see the light of day. I never actually heard the 'My Own Machine' album but should probably try and find a way to do so. All the songs I can find on youtube sound nice.

shit honky, I got ya, i thought you had it, shouldve just said something, would you prefer digital or hard copy sir? if you'd like a hard copy you may have to wait a few, just whenever i go to the post office, not a fav spot of mine, if you want digital, I will just load it onto my youtube channel,