Top 10 Bush Anthrax Song

Leykis101

Cant say I disagree with anything on here

http://www.noisecree...-anthrax-songs/

Of that list Black Lodge is the only one I really like, the others I have no recollection of them being good or bad.

My two favourites are easily Poison my eyes and Nothing.

It's not ten but the entire Stomp cd is my tops. I love all the Bush albums but when I'm fucking pissed off, I grab that one.

Absofuckinglutely!!! do you remember the 1st time you heard it? I was walking through Circuit City, and it was the day after I graduated from High School, and I saw it on the new release rack, I just saw this big ass ball of something, I hadnt heard anything on it, or even about it, but I really wasnt that keen on the previous release, dude, I shit you not, that feedback on RAOSV kicked in, and I fucking lost it, my skin started to tingle, and I could not turn it up loud enough in my Camaro, which was very loud, that wavy guitar riff, and then just the heavy fucking feeling of it, I couldnt believe what I was hearing, then fucking Fueled started and im suprised I didnt kill myself or somebody else, that is not the time to hear Fueled 1st, is when your cruising around fucking jamming shit in your Chevy Z! I was pumped full of adrenaline, driving like a fucking idiot, bro that is one of the coolest times in my life I heard something for the 1st time, while driving around that truly effected me, another time like that was hearing Flesh Storm the 1st time I put Slayers Christ Illusion on, thats another time I went fucking insane behind the wheel, I fucking love Stomp, it was heavy, but not to heavy, it was raw but not to raw, it showed what a range they had with Bush, they could be heavy with the best of them, and finally it showed, that Dan Spitz was really not needed to make them have a unique sound, because some no named dude,(I cant even remember his name)did all the lead guitar tracks on Stomp, I think he fucking rocked, but I too am a giant fan of Bush, and thought he absolutely brought Anthrax into a league of their own, he made what was considered a respected but kind of childish or teenage thrash group of simplicity, Bush not only brought them into a league of respect, but I think made truly critical music fans have to listen and pay attention to Anthrax now, and where they would have been passed off, or overlooked by these critics while Belladonna was their vocalist, with Bush they had to pay attention and hear them as a true force, and give them the respect they deserved sounding like an authentic top of the line Rock\Metal outfit, Bush is the best thing to EVER!! happen to Anthrax, and they are foolish to let him just walk, cause as much as I loved and still love Belladonna's work in Anthrax, fuck I grew up with it, nothing they did with him touches what they did with Bush.

It's not ten but the entire Stomp cd is my tops. I love all the Bush albums but when I'm fucking pissed off, I grab that one.

Absofuckinglutely!!! do you remember the 1st time you heard it? I was walking through Circuit City, and it was the day after I graduated from High School, and I saw it on the new release rack, I just saw this big ass ball of something, I hadnt heard anything on it, or even about it, but I really wasnt that keen on the previous release, dude, I shit you not, that feedback on RAOSV kicked in, and I fucking lost it, my skin started to tingle, and I could not turn it up loud enough in my Camaro, which was very loud, that wavy guitar riff, and then just the heavy fucking feeling of it, I couldnt believe what I was hearing, then fucking Fueled started and im suprised I didnt kill myself or somebody else, that is not the time to hear Fueled 1st, is when your cruising around fucking jamming shit in your Chevy Z! I was pumped full of adrenaline, driving like a fucking idiot, bro that is one of the coolest times in my life I heard something for the 1st time, while driving around that truly effected me, another time like that was hearing Flesh Storm the 1st time I put Slayers Christ Illusion on, thats another time I went fucking insane behind the wheel, I fucking love Stomp, it was heavy, but not to heavy, it was raw but not to raw, it showed what a range they had with Bush, they could be heavy with the best of them, and finally it showed, that Dan Spitz was really not needed to make them have a unique sound, because some no named dude,(I cant even remember his name)did all the lead guitar tracks on Stomp, I think he fucking rocked, but I too am a giant fan of Bush, and thought he absolutely brought Anthrax into a league of their own, he made what was considered a respected but kind of childish or teenage thrash group of simplicity, Bush not only brought them into a league of respect, but I think made truly critical music fans have to listen and pay attention to Anthrax now, and where they would have been passed off, or overlooked by these critics while Belladonna was their vocalist, with Bush they had to pay attention and hear them as a true force, and give them the respect they deserved sounding like an authentic top of the line Rock\Metal outfit, Bush is the best thing to EVER!! happen to Anthrax, and they are foolish to let him just walk, cause as much as I loved and still love Belladonna's work in Anthrax, fuck I grew up with it, nothing they did with him touches what they did with Bush.

Me as well buddy, I think the Bush stuff is superior to Belladonna. I got it the first time from a pawn shop. I bet I played it for 6 months straight. It got me through a dark time in my life so it will always be my favorite Anthrax album.

Bush era Anthrax rules!

I couldn't disagree more. Like almost all music in the 90's I just quit listening & stuck with what I already had. To me Spreading The Disease & Among The living were the best albums they ever did.

Bush era Anthrax rules!

I couldn't disagree more. Like almost all music in the 90's I just quit listening & stuck with what I already had. To me Spreading The Disease & Among The living were the best albums they ever did.

Maybe that's why if you quit listening. I'm not saying I don't like the early stuff but they got a lot heavier with Bush in the mix. Stomp is great and Volume 8 is awesome as well.

Bush era Anthrax rules!

I agree with you on the disagree, but not for the same reason. Just for me the Bush stuff sounded nothing like actual Anthrax (which is pretty much the same with any band that changes vocalists), and the songs were just not as good, with the band even losing their famous humour (one of the things that set them apart from the rest of the po-faced thrash bands of the era). There are some fantastic Bush songs, and I have nothing against that era, it just to me wasnt as good and wasnt Anthrax.

Bush era Anthrax rules!

I agree with you on the disagree, but not for the same reason. Just for me the Bush stuff sounded nothing like actual Anthrax (which is pretty much the same with any band that changes vocalists), and the songs were just not as good, with the band even losing their famous humour (one of the things that set them apart from the rest of the po-faced thrash bands of the era). There are some fantastic Bush songs, and I have nothing against that era, it just to me wasnt as good and wasnt Anthrax.

Bullocks, Bush brought a professionalism to Anthrax that was a replacement for that "humor" you are talking about, and he let it ride, they are way more believable as a straight laced Heavy metal outfit with Bush on board, without him, they are just a goofy, half thrash, half punk, half rap, half comedy act teenage acting band, I wish Bush would land in a band with just 5 star technical musicians whom fire away and every shot is a kill shot, every band he's been in fire every shot, and they are all warning shots I wish BUSH got together with Page Hamilton and just straight laid down an entire cd, fuck it, just take over as singer in Helmet, and do an album, now thats what I'd like to hear.

Nope, its not bollocks, its my opinion. With Bush they became a generic thrash band for me, and lost their identity.

Whether you want to believe he made them more "believable" as a band, its with Belladonna that they had their most successful years, so obviously "believable" isnt what most people wanted.

Unlike hair metal, thrash was pretty much unaffected by grunge et al, yet the one to suffer most out of the big 4 was Anthrax, which just happened to be the only one that changed vocalists.

Nope, its not bollocks, its my opinion. With Bush they became a generic thrash band for me, and lost their identity.

Whether you want to believe he made them more "believable" as a band, its with Belladonna that they had their most successful years, so obviously "believable" isnt what most people wanted.

Unlike hair metal, thrash was pretty much unaffected by grunge et al, yet the one to suffer most out of the big 4 was Anthrax, which just happened to be the only one that changed vocalists.

You could also argue that the new album with Joey didn't sell better than any of the Bush era albums. I don't consider the Bush albums thrash.

You could also argue that the new album with Joey didn't sell better than any of the Bush era albums. I don't consider the Bush albums thrash.

Nope it's metal, and what do you mean out of the big 4 Anthrax was the only one to suffer? you could make a point to call it the big 3, since Metallica will be suffering for eternity, im sorry, but I really cant consider them apart of the big 4,. lets take Slayer for instance, now lets put the last Slayer album up against those swindlers Metallicas album, ok, do you see where im coming from?

But thats years down the line when the damage has already been done, so to speak.

Of course there is every chance that they could have dropped sales even if Belladonna had stayed, but we will never know.

All I can say from the point of view of the British music scene is that with Joey, from among the living til Attack of the the killer b's, they were pushing out enough album sales to consistantly have their albums in the UK top 20 (most as high as #13), which was quite an acheivement as most of the big 80s hair bands rarely even hit the top 40, showing that while single were not their forte, albums were.

The first with Bush achieved the same sort of sales, then they vanished after that. That to me shows that in Britain at least, the fans just didn not like the change for the most part.

The fact that Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer continued to constantly rack up album sales worthy of chart placings shows it was the thrash/metal movement that died like the hair metal movement did, it was that people didnt like the change.

But thats years down the line when the damage has already been done, so to speak.

Of course there is every chance that they could have dropped sales even if Belladonna had stayed, but we will never know.

All I can say from the point of view of the British music scene is that with Joey, from among the living til Attack of the the killer b's, they were pushing out enough album sales to consistantly have their albums in the UK top 20 (most as high as #13), which was quite an acheivement as most of the big 80s hair bands rarely even hit the top 40, showing that while single were not their forte, albums were.

The first with Bush achieved the same sort of sales, then they vanished after that. That to me shows that in Britain at least, the fans just didn not like the change for the most part.

The fact that Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer continued to constantly rack up album sales worthy of chart placings shows it was the thrash/metal movement that died like the hair metal movement did, it was that people didnt like the change.

All old school metal bands vanished after that. The fact that they survived with Bush says more about that era to me.

I don't watch the charts because in the US they are all rigged, hence all bands in the top of the charts sound identical to each other, I can only go from what I know, and if we are talking about commercial success, I never saw Anthrax with Joey performing Safe Home on Conan O Brien and Carson Daily, I cant even remember hearing an Anthrax song on the radio, well Got The Time, but thats it. So that in itself says alot about Anthrax, I cannot speak for the Brits, cause I dont know if they have the equal to the crooked ass RIAA?

All old school metal bands vanished after that. The fact that they survived with Bush says more about that era to me.

But I just pointed out that they didnt disappear. Metallica, Slayer & Megadeth continued to chart right up until more recent albums. Maiden has not only always charted, but has always charted high.

I am also not talking about top 40 rock or metal charts, I am talking about the main top 40. If the charts were rigged, then there is no way the chart is gonna be rigged to put a band like Megadeth at #13, its gonna be rigged to put the latest boyband etc higher. Old school metal and thrash has nearly always done good album sales here, which is why its such a glaring showing that here, Bush Anthrax was not accepted as Anthrax by the masses.

But I just pointed out that they didnt disappear. Metallica, Slayer & Megadeth continued to chart right up until more recent albums. Maiden has not only always charted, but has always charted high.

I am also not talking about top 40 rock or metal charts, I am talking about the main top 40. If the charts were rigged, then there is no way the chart is gonna be rigged to put a band like Megadeth at #13, its gonna be rigged to put the latest boyband etc higher. Old school metal and thrash has nearly always done good album sales here, which is why its such a glaring showing that here, Bush Anthrax was not accepted as Anthrax by the masses.

Maybe it's a difference in country but Metallica and to some degree Megadeth survived with only Metallica pulling any real sales. 1993 is when the first anthrax album with Bush was released and it Did very well by metal standard sales. Stomp got no love, youthanasia got no love, nothing from Slayer ever got love except by the underground.

In reality, anthrax was not a big band with any singer.

Maybe it's a difference in country but Metallica and to some degree Megadeth survived with only Metallica pulling any real sales. 1993 is when the first anthrax album with Bush was released and it Did very well by metal standard sales. Stomp got no love, youthanasia got no love, nothing from Slayer ever got love except by the underground.

In reality, anthrax was not a big band with any singer.

No they werent, and I think Public Enemy was partly the reason for most of their sales, and frankly if we are talking about album sales, or legendary status, I cant figure it out, but as far as "BIG 4" I would go as far as dropping Metallica from this status all together, I would put Suicidal in place of them.

Look, you can spin it any way you want. It's not a Joey vs. John thing. Anthrax came about with Joey when the underground metal scene took off. It was new, it was different and you could not download the album. When Bush came in I don't think they all the sudden started to suffer. 1993 saw the entire music industry full of a bunch of flannel wearing fucks and Anthrax managed to continue to put out quality albums. Stomp was heavier than anything else they had done and it never got a chance because they were signed to Elektra ( see the book The Dirt to see how they felt about metal and rock bands during this era). Downloading started shortly after. Does anyone remember there being huge response to Joey coming back and doing one song on their best of? How many albums have they sold of the new album?

My point is you can't base it today on how they charted back then. Times are different now and for me personally, the bottom line is I know more people who prefer Bush and got pissed when they split. That's just what I have seen, for better or worse.

Either way, I have no idea why either line up is considered one of he big four...and I'm a fan of them.

I like it to KISS, as far as im concerned musically, Kiss most solid album, and by far their best album, was Revenge, in which Kullick and Singer I believe were a huge part of the reason it was such a solid album, so what did they do after Revenge??? booted Kullick and Singer out, and set a tour to make money, not music, Weve Come For You All in my opinion was the most solid Anthrax album they have done, so how do they show their appreciation? by booting Bush and going with the money making line up, thats how I see it, John Bush is a true talent, who I believe would make any band a solid contender, regardless who it is, he just has an amazing voice, to it is stability, a perfect harshness, unless a fan of Armored Saint you wouldn't really know what an unbelievable range he has vocally, and most importantly uniqueness, it really sits with any type of music you put it in, I read once that Metallica OFFERED!! Bush the gig as Lead Vocalist, as in they went to him and offered him the job, he turned them down, Belladonna is great, and im as big a fan of early Anthrax as anyone, Persistence Of Time is one of the greatest thrash albums ever made, but once I heard them with Bush, there is just no going back, they are a solid rock\metal band now, who are taken seriously, I mean could Joey go sing for Armored Saint and make it work?