Love And A .38 - new album in the making

Stefan

Love-and-a-.38-Cover-Photo-700x300.jpg

Rocking stuff!

From ReverbNation:

"Love and a .38 is not to be trusted. This four piece hard rock band from Los Angeles has given rock- starved fans something to get excited about. They've crafted a sound that is both familiar yet fresh, blending growling guitars with catchy, emotionally powered vocals. Fueled by instinct and driven by desire, they have written songs that fans from across the rock spectrum can get behind."

The new song 'Just A Woman' from the forthcoming album: http://loveanda38.ba...ck/just-a-woman

Their debut self-titled EP from 2010:

a2663169418_2.jpg

Tracks:

1. Shots at Sunset
2. Rock N Lola
3. In The End
4. Letter From The Devil
5. Shine Up Your Scars

Listen to the EP: http://loveanda38.ba...m/love-and-a-38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84SRetobo4I

Love+And+A+.38+hard+rock.gif

LOVE and a .38 is a new kickin' band exploding off the stages of Los Angeles bringing with them heavy hitting riffs, thunderous beats and addictive lyrics paving the way as Hollywood's newest rock royalty.

With a mix of band mates spreading from Oklahoma, San Francisco and back down to LA, this eclectic group of men blend to mix into this tightly knit music machine, retrieving the spirit of the real Sunset Strip Hard Rock years.

Love and a .38 have crafted a sound that is both familiar yet fresh, blending growling guitars with catchy, emotionally powered vocals.

Their thunderous American Hard Rock is written in the classic bluesy chromatic style, and although their sound is modern all in this band has a strong '80s reference.

Take as example the cover track featured here; the eighties pop classic "Sunglasses at Night" (Corey Hart). Love and a .38's version should be studied by bands who want to pay tributes and cover songs; they made this song their own and added so much more to make a cover song very enjoyable and fresh. And rockin' for sure.

One of the key items that makes this band truly different are the vocals. Singer Ryan Hudson gives a raw, powerful but controlled performance with vocal abilities that would match and even surpass any other Hard Rock singer currently out there.

On the other hand, if you were to close your eyes listening this album, you would think Gilby Clarke or Joe Perry are at charge of the guitars, playing their signature style of rhythm and blues guitar riffs.

Each member executes their role in the band to make you want to just rock out and have a good time; and isn't that what rock and roll is all about?

Tracks like "Lovely Lies", "Shots At Sunset", "Rock 'n Lola" and "Letter From The Devil" are crunchy, incendiary hard rockers recalling the genuine Hollywood scene of the '80s.

"Lovely Lies", "Just A Woman" and "Shine Up Your Scars" are more melodious yet punchy, while on some tracks as "Shake The World" they add some modern touches.

Seems there's no place for ballads in Love and a .38's catalogue, they just want to rock your socks off.

Dubbed by various industry figures as ‘the hardest working current band from Los Angeles’, Love and a .38 have opened for Mötley Crue, Ratt and played in the recent Sunset Strip Music Festival.

They really seem to deliver just what many Hard Rock acts are missing these days: loud guitars, booming vocals, thunderous bass and pounding drums, all packed with catchy melodies, sonic punch and attitude.

This stuff seriously ROCKS!

01 - Shake The World

02 - Lovely Lies

03 - All Mine

04 - Sunglasses At Night (Corey Hart cover)

05 - Just A Woman

06 - Shots At Sunset

07 - Rock 'n Lola

08 - In The End

09 - Letter From The Devil

10 - Shine Up Your Scars

Ryan Hudson (Vocals)

Justin Emord (Bass)

Domo Domaracki (Guitar)

Danny Excess (Drums)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

From FB:

When the limits push you, you push the limits. Though it may sound cliche, its exactly what we are doing with our new album. We have broken the limits that we once put on ourselves and have really discovered that we are capable of doing much more than we had ever imagined possible with the music that this band creates.

The songwriting and demo phase of this album is done, now we move onto choosing the proper producer, studio, and all of the other 'fun' business that comes alongside the making music part.
So far, a select handful of people have listened our demos to the album, and the consensus is that its a HUGE leap forward. As much as we miss playing live, we are 100% focused on getting this album completed and as good as it can possibly be for you.

In other news, we are still not rich. Every purchase that you make in our merch store helps us to fund this album, we appreciate and can really use the support: http://loveanda38.bigcartel.com/

Get ready, our debut, full length album is coming! Thanks for standing by. -Danny, Ryan, Domo, Justin