Metal Scenes

speedboi101

Unless you live in Germany or Scandinavia I'd say it pretty much blows goats everywhere.

What metal scene?

What metal scene?

Just my thoughts, man.

Many years ago (when I was still young), there used to be quite a few local pubs and clubs that would have DJs/jukeboxes playing a decent selection of rock/metal, or that would host shows by rock and metal bands ... now it's all bloody dance music!

Well Speedboi, of the top of the list of places you'd least likely find any sort of Metal Scene, for whatever reason the metal scene on the Wasatch Front, has never really ever cleared away, or even regressed a little, theres actually quite a prolific part of the population here that is metal, Sam used to live here, he knows, Michael Britton lived here, he knows, the bar by my house, constantly has Dokken, Great White, Jackyl, Night Ranger, etc. KBER has Bearfest every summer, last summer I believe Cinderella, Ratt, L.A. Guns, Firehouse, well I know some of those bands were there last year, others have made yearly appearances from one year to the next, Julliard Music School has a music school here in American Fork, where when I was down visiting a few years back, I ran Into Terry Llous, and Fran Cosmo, also last year when I was down there doing an MC job, Asia was the special guest, I could go on and on, this is a very metal place, almost shocking, I don't know how it is anywhere else, but that's quite a large metal influence, Oh, I also got to hang out with Fee Waybill when the Tubes were here, Jaimie St. James 1st time he came with Warrant, and Rancid as their drummer is from Salt Lake City, also Tommy Had A Vision whom are from here, it goes on and on, OH, and finally Steel Panther frequently come play for free at the Galivan Plaza, a large outdoor ampitheatre in downtown SLC, where I also got to meet and get my pic taken with Snoop Dog, I know thats not metal, but it is pretty cool.