Joan Red

Glen

I have the debut album for these guys and really liked it (included the excellent song 'Sorry Its Over') & believed that they had massive potential....well I was checking through a few modern bands and was shocked to read that the lead singer Anthony Barsuto passed away last year in his sleep aged 26.

Tragic in itself, but even more so for music fans cos it sounds as though they were on the brink of releasing the best modern rock album we will never get to hear - check out these 2 stunners!!

'So Far Gone'.............This would have probably made my top 10 songs of 2011, its that good (if anyone wants this you can actually download it on itunes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JjbO2NFnYI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDhG2SGWLXg&feature=related

RIP :-(

Wow, that's sad. R.I.P. :(

I don't know the band, but holy shit. 'So far gone' is the best song I've ever heard.

Huge No Love Lost vibe I get from these guys. Is the debut this good too, mate? Do you know somewhere to get MP3's of these two songs?

Will they continue with a new lead singer?

So Far Gone is the best song you have ever heard? I hope you are joking? :whistle:

Sounds like Nickelback to me...which is not a dig, but nothing great either.

Sad about the lead singer though...way too young. RIP.

So Far Gone is the best song you have ever heard? I hope you are joking? :whistle:

It was a joke, but it is an amazingly good song to me. Who knows, given time it might have got there if it was on a CD. ;)

Nickleback? You cruel man. :lol: And that's from someone who likes Nickleback... but I don't hear the similarity personally.

It was a joke, but it is an amazingly good song to me. Who knows, given time it might have got there if it was on a CD. ;)

Nickleback? You cruel man. :lol: And that's from someone who likes Nickleback... but I don't hear the similarity personally.

that because it sounds nothing like Nickelback (sorry Jeff)....but it does sound a hell of a lot like No Love Lost as you suggest.

I really like the song.....great lyrics and message, and a really cool hook. As I said its available on itunes for anyone interested.

Cool songs, will definitely look into picking up their first album.

"Joan Red guitarist Shawn Morgan has posted an update on Facebook which states that Joan Red are not over and will continue after the death of vocalist Anthony Basurto in 2011. He has also stated that he has come across previously unreleased material that will now be released to fans."

Ok, good, glad it was a joke. I'm not saying the song sux or anything I just couldn't imagine it being a "best song ever" especially for someone who listens to music all the time.

I dunno, I hear Nickelback...maybe Daughtry more so. Again, not a dig, I don't mind Nickelback. I don't collect their CD's or go out of the way to check their tunes out but I know some songs that are decent.

Ok, good, glad it was a joke. I'm not saying the song sux or anything I just couldn't imagine it being a "best song ever" especially for someone who listens to music all the time.

I dunno, I hear Nickelback...maybe Daughtry more so. Again, not a dig, I don't mind Nickelback. I don't collect their CD's or go out of the way to check their tunes out but I know some songs that are decent.

Yeah I don't mind either band but this sounds like neither to me. As I said it sounds like the No Love Lost debut which you shouldcheck out as it is superior to both previously mentioned bands IMO :-)