new MALICE disc "New Breed Of Godz"

AlphaMale

MALICE RE-RECORD THE CLASSICS:

Reformed US Metal icons Malice release a snippet of the re-recorded classic song Hell Rider, which will be part of the new CD New Breed Of Godz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRZDXhxziE0.

Guitarist Jay Reynolds comments: "I didn't think we could possibly make a song like like Hell Rider more sinister and heavy than it was, but we did! James Rivera also did an unbelievable job on the vocals, leaving no question about who the King of Metal vocals is!"

Original members Jay Reynolds (guitars), Mick Zane (guitars) and Mark Behn (bass) entered the Silver Cloud Studios in Los Angeles together with new singer James Rivera (Helstar) and new drummer Pete Holmes (Black N´Blue) to re-record 8 of their classics plus 4 new songs.

Tracklisting: 1. New Breed Of Godz (new song) 2. Hell Rider 3. Against The Empire 4. Branded (new song) 5. Sinister Double 6. Circle Of Fire 7. Stellar Masters 8. Winds Of Death (Angel Of Light) (new song) 9. Air Attack 10. Chain Gang Woman 11. Slipping Through The Cracks (new song) 12. Godz Of Thunder.

New Breed Of Godz is scheduled for a May 22nd release in the US/Canada, a May 25 release in Germany and a May 28 release in Europe. The album comes in a high class digipak with a bonus DVD:

DVD: - rare live footage from 1987 - 3 live tracks from Keep It True Festival, Germany 2011 - Making of “New Breed Of Godz” album.

WebLinks: www.malicemusic.com / www.spv.de.

Rivera's the man, and I haven't heard any Malice in years so even the "old" songs will sound new to me. I'll check this out.

Why re-recorded old songs. I think they are great in their original form, especially the LTK songs which are helped by the monstrous production by Max Norman. The sound of the guitars are so suited for the songs. One of my alltime favorite albums,.

Why re-recorded old songs. I think they are great in their original form, especially the LTK songs which are helped by the monstrous production by Max Norman. The sound of the guitars are so suited for the songs. One of my alltime favorite albums,.

I agree. "License To Kill" is one of my favorites also. Those guitars smoke. "Sinister Double" is killer!! :banger:

• 2023 Gold Donors

Absolutely.

LTK is a gem.Re-recording old Malice songs w/ another singer is complete BS and a slap in the face to James in my book.Ive heard that there is disinterest from James to do anymore w/ Malice in the future.Not sure if he has even kept up his chops.He sings atmospheric folk rock now from what ive heard.Id have no problem really if they go on with Rivera, (just like Accept w/Tornillo but redoing their old material with a new guy is a joke.Same with Accept if they release an album of rerecorded songs id be seriously disinteresed.

Musically that sounds pretty cool but it doesn't sound like Malice. If a band like this is going to re-form, imo, they need the original vocalist. Otherwise it's just not Malice, imo.

I like Malice, but wouldn't bother checking this out - the original albums sounded fine as they were.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...