Kory Clarke quits Trouble

Fat Freddy

So Warrior Soul's loudmouth Kory Clarke has quit fronting Trouble. Can't say I'm surprised, cuz the two went together about as well as cheesecake topped with tuna fish.

...I love the guy, but he comes off like a total douche here when he comments about his time in the band...

Singer KORY CLARKE Quits TROUBLE - Feb. 7, 2012

After four years and a minimal amount of touring and no record deal or album release date in sight, singer Kory Clarke (of WARRIOR SOUL fame) has decided to leave Chicago doom metal legends TROUBLE to start a new project with guitarist Russ Strahan (PENTAGRAM, LAND OF DOOM) called THE BONES OF CHILDREN.

"This metal album will be high energy, with a fresh artistic approach to the genre without the limitations of the over-50-something religious crowd," Kory laughs. "It will be so nice to be working without the shackles that a previous singer has left behind of a band that is over 30 years old and acts and sounds like it. I like to do progressive, pushing-the-boundary lyrics in an individualistic style. I don't want to sound like Ozzy, like [TROUBLE's] old singer [Eric Wagner] tried to do. I am also glad when I look to my left on stage from now on I will not be seeing 'Derek Smalls' in my peripheral vision. [Laughs]." He adds, "I just cannot play with people who are fundamentalist Christians, or too family-oriented to the point that they can't tour, do records or knock down a few margaritas with me at the bar. This is rock 'n' roll, guys, not the Family Channel."

THE BONES OF CHILDREN will make its debut release available sometime this fall.

So Warrior Soul's loudmouth Kory Clarke has quit fronting Trouble. Can't say I'm surprised, cuz the two went together about as well as cheesecake topped with tuna fish.

...I love the guy, but he comes off like a total douche here when he comments about his time in the band...

Singer KORY CLARKE Quits TROUBLE - Feb. 7, 2012

After four years and a minimal amount of touring and no record deal or album release date in sight, singer Kory Clarke (of WARRIOR SOUL fame) has decided to leave Chicago doom metal legends TROUBLE to start a new project with guitarist Russ Strahan (PENTAGRAM, LAND OF DOOM) called THE BONES OF CHILDREN.

"This metal album will be high energy, with a fresh artistic approach to the genre without the limitations of the over-50-something religious crowd," Kory laughs. "It will be so nice to be working without the shackles that a previous singer has left behind of a band that is over 30 years old and acts and sounds like it. I like to do progressive, pushing-the-boundary lyrics in an individualistic style. I don't want to sound like Ozzy, like [TROUBLE's] old singer [Eric Wagner] tried to do. I am also glad when I look to my left on stage from now on I will not be seeing 'Derek Smalls' in my peripheral vision. [Laughs]." He adds, "I just cannot play with people who are fundamentalist Christians, or too family-oriented to the point that they can't tour, do records or knock down a few margaritas with me at the bar. This is rock 'n' roll, guys, not the Family Channel."

THE BONES OF CHILDREN will make its debut release available sometime this fall.

Agreed, he comes across like a complete twat with those comments. Personally I wish he'd retired after the first two Warrior Soul albums.

I don't think it's that bad. Just sounds miffed at the stagnation of the band and what they could not/would not do/get done. Also get the impression that he may have been stifled creativily and required to sound/sing like someone else... I'm sure if, by the sounds of it anyway, they could have got there shit together and toured/recorded Kory would be singing a different tune now, I reckon...

My 2 cents and looking forward to this new Bones of Children project.

I never felt Kory was a good "fit" for Trouble anyway, so quite honestly I'm surprised the arrangement lasted as long as it did.

Last I heard there was supposed to be a new Warrior Soul disc ("Rubicon") coming soon but Lord only knows with this guy, he seems to have musical ADHD - constantly starting and stopping new projects.

Well, that was quick... Trouble's got a new singer already.

They must've had him on speed dial. As soon as Kory was out the door, they were like "(Ring, ring) Dude, you free? We got rid of the flake." :rofl2:

Chicago doom-metal legends TROUBLE have recruited Kyle Thomas as their new singer.

Thomas, former lead vocalist for EXHORDER, FLOODGATE, WITCH, and ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY, is no stranger to TROUBLE as he previously fronted the band for four live shows between 1997 and 1999, including Stoner Hands Of Doom festival in Maryland (see video below) and Expo Of The Extreme in Chicago. Thomas has also collaborated on projects with members of SLIPKNOT, DOWN, OBITUARY and DEICIDE.

"We are really excited to be working with Kyle again," states Rick Wartell, TROUBLE co-founder/guitarist. "The shows we played with him in the past were very well-received by the fans and now we'll have an opportunity to work with him in the studio on our new record. His vocals are amazing and a perfect fit for the band."

Bruce Franklin, TROUBLE's other co-founder/guitarist, adds, "The history with Kyle and TROUBLE really goes back to his teenage years as he told me that he and Jimmy Bower (of DOWN) would drive around in his old Pinto and listen to TROUBLE. He's an excellent, highly energetic singer and it's great to have him be an official member of the band now."

TROUBLE is currently working on its ninth studio album with Thomas on vocals and plans to release the record this spring.

TROUBLE's current lineup is:

Kyle Thomas (vocals)

Rick Wartell (guitar)

Bruce Franklin (guitar)

Shane Pasqualla (bass)

Mark Lira (drums)

Kory Clarke was in Trouble? I just found out. The first two Warrior Soul do kick ass. I remember seeing them live on the 1991/92 Operation:Mindcrime tour with Queensryche. They rocked but the Silent Lucidity lovers in the crowd kept screaming to get off the stage...pissed me off.

...and just in case Trouble's troubles weren't confusing enough, now some former Trouble members have formed a new band called "The Skull," which promises "the sound of Trouble...past, present and future."

So in other words, we got us another L.A. Guns/Great White thing goin' on here. :blink:

Original TROUBLE Members Form THE SKULL - Feb. 10, 2012

Two original members of Chicago doom legends TROUBLE — vocalist Eric Wagner and drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson — have joined forces with the band's longtime bassist Ron Holzner in a new heavy rock/doom metal act called THE SKULL. According to a statement on the band's Facebook page, "THE SKULL is here to do one thing... rock you with the sounds and spirit of TROUBLE — past, present, future. Tour coming soon..."

Wagner, Olson and original TROUBLE bassist Sean McAllister shared the stage for the first time since 1986 during Olson's RETRO GRAVE set on June 18, 2011 at the Days Of The Doomed Fest in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Video footage of Wagner, Olson and McAllister performing the song "Victim Of The Insane", which was written by Olson for TROUBLE's full-length debut "Psalm 9" (1984), can be viewed below.

TROUBLE formed in 1979 and released several classic albums like "Trouble", "Manic Frustration" and "Plastic Green Head".

Eric was one of the guest singers on Dave Grohl's (NIRVANA, FOO FIGHTERS) heavy metal side project PROBOT, whose 2004 album featured heavy metal vocalists from the '80s and '90s. Wagner also makes a guest appearance in the forthcoming horror film "Jezebeth" (written and directed by Damien Dante of Satania 6 Films), to be released on Blu-ray in early 2012.

Eric Wagner left TROUBLE in April 2008, citing his disdain for the touring life as the main reason for his departure.