Disturbed: "The Lost Children" review

metalmaniac777

My review of the new Disturbed album, "The Lost Children," is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

Disturbed review

In a word, better than their last effort and a must-own for any Disturbed fan. OK, that's 13 words, but whatever...

Hate this band. Should I check it out or not? Unsure. I might wait and see if it lands in my lap for cheap/free.

If you hate this band, there is absolutely no reason to check this new album out. It's the same sound/style as all their other albums, albeit a little bit better than their last one, in my opinion, more in line with "Ten Thousand Fists" or "Indestructible." But there's nothing on here that's going to change a hater from a lover. It's a really good album...but only if you already like Disturbed.

Hate this band. Should I check it out or not? Unsure. I might wait and see if it lands in my lap for cheap/free.

If you hate this band, there is absolutely no reason to check this new album out. It's the same sound/style as all their other albums, albeit a little bit better than their last one, in my opinion, more in line with "Ten Thousand Fists" or "Indestructible." But there's nothing on here that's going to change a hater from a lover. It's a really good album...but only if you already like Disturbed.

Yeah, I think based on what you've said I'll just skip it. As I say, unless it drops into my lap for 1 cent. I do own the last CD and can tolerate it if I'm in a very loving mood... but this nu-metal thing... yuckus.

It's not a new album, it's b-sides. Given their a-sides have been generally pretty average and very one-dimensional then I'll pass. This band have written a handful of great tunes over the years but never managed to make an album with enough variety for it to be listenable end-to-end. I'll stick to Slipknot!