Running Wild Are Back!

Axelinger

Rock 'N' Rolf has resurrected Running Wild, and they're back with a new studio album, Shadowmaker, to be released in April, 2012. It will be their first studio album since Rogues En Vogue was released 7 years ago. Tracks include the title track, Piece Of The Action, and the 8-minute epic, Dracula. Praise the pirate gods!

This is another one of those older bands that somehow I've just missed out on and have never gotten around to checking out. :anon:

No bags required young man just run out and give them a spin. They are pretty epic at times and the pirate theme is pretty slick. I think you'll dig them!

This is another one of those older bands that somehow I've just missed out on and have never gotten around to checking out. :anon:

No bags required young man just run out and give them a spin. They are pretty epic at times and the pirate theme is pretty slick. I think you'll dig them!

Absolutely. Rolf Kasparek writes some of the heaviest, tastiest riffs around. Check out tracks like Port Royal, Return Of The Gods, Sinister Eyes, Blazon Stone, The Rivalry, War & Peace, Death Or Glory and The Ballad Of William Kidd for just a few examples of Rock 'N' Rolf's wizardry. I gave them a listen on a whim around 8 or 9 years ago, and I was hooked right away. Power pirate metal at its finest.

I liked this band. I found their stuff a bit samey after a while, but some of 'Port Royal', most of 'Death or Glory' (great album) and a couple of songs from 'Blazon Stone' are all excellent. My personal favourite Running Wild songs would be:

Marooned

Billy The Kid

Running Blood

Little Big Horn

Renegade

Riding The Storm

Port Royal

You mean, they were gone? :blink:

GREAT news since I love Running Wild. Unfortunately, their last two releases "The Brotherhood" and "Rogues En Vogue" were not on par with the earlier stuff. I hope they return to their roots.

If you want to check some of their stuff go for "Port Royal", "Death And Glory", "Blazon Stone", "Pile Of Skulls" and "Black Hand Inn". Top-notch German power metal with killer riffs and excellent lyrics.

• 2 weeks later...