CD Singles

chocularok

So what's the deal with the radio mixes on cd singles? I was checking out some of my Vertical Horizon cd singles, & the radio mixes absolutely KILL the album versions. The drums seem a little more up front, bass has a little more "umph", harmonies are a little more in your face...just basically sounds a hell of a lot better. Dan, I'm talking to you. Have you noticed this?

I don't have a lot of CD singles, but I have definitely noticed this on the Trixter - One In A Million CD single I have, the radio edit blows away the CD version.

So what's the deal with the radio mixes on cd singles? I was checking out some of my Vertical Horizon cd singles, & the radio mixes absolutely KILL the album versions. The drums seem a little more up front, bass has a little more "umph", harmonies are a little more in your face...just basically sounds a hell of a lot better. Dan, I'm talking to you. Have you noticed this?

Actually, I hadn't noticed. Is the track you are referring to listed on the disc as a "radio mix", "radio remix", or "radio edit"? I would expect only shortening on the last but possibly different orchestration/mix on the first two.

-Dan

As far as Vertical Horizon...on the You're A God single & Everything You Want single, there are versions labled "radio mix". In both cases, these radio mixes sounds tons better than the album versions. Like I said, it's not a different arrangement or anything...the levels are just different/better. I just picked up a copy of their other single We Are to see if it has a similar mix.