Metal Elvis

Captain Howdy

Isn't this basicly what Rock Sugar is doing ?

Wasnt Dread Zeppelin the Dread Zeppelin for the 80s generation?

While it is a similar concept to Rock Sugar as its a mash up, its slightly different as they are obviously sticking with a single artist for the lyrics and going with an impersonator of the original lyrics.

Also, other than the Elvis impersonator, I wouldnt say their is much of a Dread Zep similarity as they didnt mash things up, they just reinterpreted the music in a reggae style.

Wasnt Dread Zeppelin the Dread Zeppelin for the 80s generation?

While it is a similar concept to Rock Sugar as its a mash up, its slightly different as they are obviously sticking with a single artist for the lyrics and going with an impersonator of the original lyrics.

Also, other than the Elvis impersonator, I wouldnt say their is much of a Dread Zep similarity as they didnt mash things up, they just reinterpreted the music in a reggae style.

Dread Zep where a obviously 70's or Led Zep influenced group. The Metal Elvis band you mentioned obviiously pulls their influences from the 80's.

True about the reggae infussed covers, but they still bounced around abit from a Zep tune to an EP tune to a Burning Spear tune, its just a bit more suttle and certainly not as obvious to most, especially if you are not deep into reggae.

As far as mashing stuff together it's time to revisit the DZ stuff. Example Heartbreaker/Heartbreak Hotel.

Black Dog/Hound Dog+:

Just saying and I dig the Metal Elvis btw! :beerbang:

And as the Rock Sugar goes, not in the least a parady, but an appreciation interpretation of the original(s). Done really flippin' well too!

The DZ stuff wasnt so much a mash up as it was a medley. Mash ups by general rule of thumb take lyrics from one song and music from another.

I love DZ (well the first two albums anyway), but they for me are a different kettle of fish to this modern trend of mash ups (my fave mash up will always be the Eminem/Benny Hill mash up).

DZ were pretty unique back in their day, and even had Plant as one of their biggest fans.