Journey

Glen

6 minutes and 28 seconds instantly turned me off. Upon listening to the actual song, though, I must completely agree with Wes. What on earth are you hearing there, Glen? I'd skip this one 10/10 times. :(

6 minutes and 28 seconds instantly turned me off. Upon listening to the actual song, though, I must completely agree with Wes. What on earth are you hearing there, Glen? I'd skip this one 10/10 times. :(

:agree:

I don't get the love of it. The vocals sound great but the song seems boring.

I agree that the vocals are nice, but yeah, like you say, just a boring song with uninteresting lyrics and not even a sniff of a hook or anything nice. Was there even a chorus?

Backed x3. You have to repeat a hook/chorus for it to sink-in and this one doesn't. As I mentioned before, I do really like this album but it's nowhere close to the classic it's being hyped as, and I would've much preferred a collection of songs with simpler structures and less showboating...

I picked up the cd yesterday at Walmart. Spun it a couple of times and overall, it's really good. Glad I got it. But the cardboard sleeve trick for packing is some of the cheapest I've seen. Not impressed with that aspect.

On topic, some great songs are on the disc but I don't feel this ballad is one of them. That said, I'm not a ballad guy and they really have to grow on me. In time, maybe this one will.

To each their own. Classic stuff to these ears. The chorus is huge as well, not sure where you guys are coming from. A song really couldnt get more epic IMO and the arrangements and playing are just awesome.

I tell you what I'll just recoil into my little hole and enjoy it all to myself ;-)