Peralta

blindjester

I found a cassette yesterday in an old pawn shop. The band was called Peralta. They are obviously a hair band from the pic on the j-card and the music was pretty good. The cassette plays perfectly. There is no info on the card at all except the song titles and who mixed the cassette and a phone #. It is a NC # due to the 919 area code. I lived here all my life and never heard of them so I don't really know if they are local or not. Just curious if anyone had ever heard of them.

Sandy

Edit: Nevermind I was thinking of Shawn Pelata of Line of Fire fame, who does hail from NC.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Shawn Peralta who hails from NC. He frequents these forums on occasion although I'm not sure what his handle is.

I found a cassette yesterday in an old pawn shop. The band was called Peralta. They are obviously a hair band from the pic on the j-card and the music was pretty good. The cassette plays perfectly. There is no info on the card at all except the song titles and who mixed the cassette and a phone #. It is a NC # due to the 919 area code. I lived here all my life and never heard of them so I don't really know if they are local or not. Just curious if anyone had ever heard of them.

Sandy

Yep, North Carolina band. 4 of the 5 members shared the same last name, "Peralta" (I'm guessing a mixture of brothers & cousins). They recorded their 5 song demo at Reflection Studios in Charlotte, NC. They had a song (the power ballad "Someday We'll Fly Away" which is pretty darn good) on the Metal Mythos Volume 1 compilation:

http://www.heavyharm...Mythos+Volume+1

The lead singer was a mere 17 years old when they recorded the demo.

Edit: Nevermind I was thinking of Shawn Pelata of Line of Fire fame, who does hail from NC.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Shawn Peralta who hails from NC. He frequents these forums on occasion although I'm not sure what his handle is.

Shawn is no the singer in Talon as well.

Sandy

Yep, North Carolina band. 4 of the 5 members shared the same last name, "Peralta" (I'm guessing a mixture of brothers & cousins). They recorded their 5 song demo at Reflection Studios in Charlotte, NC. They had a song (the power ballad "Someday We'll Fly Away" which is pretty darn good) on the Metal Mythos Volume 1 compilation:

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that Metal Mythos compilation CD. Do you know if it shows up much these days or is it pretty hard to find?

Sandy

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that Metal Mythos compilation CD. Do you know if it shows up much these days or is it pretty hard to find?

I'm going to say it's pretty tough to find; the only time I remember seeing it on eBay was several years back when I picked it up. Just keep yer eyes peeled; ya never know, it might pop up somewhere tomorrow. :P

Sandy

This is a 8 song cassette. The titles are: 1. Queen Of The Night 2. Fancy Dancer 3. Fly Away 4. Hear The Music 5. Liar 6. Living On The Edge 7. Hot & Nasty 8. Our Love

Coming to an auction near you

Sandy

This is a 8 song cassette. The titles are: 1. Queen Of The Night 2. Fancy Dancer 3. Fly Away 4. Hear The Music 5. Liar 6. Living On The Edge 7. Hot & Nasty 8. Our Love

Cool. I think track 3, Fly Away, must be the same song from the compilation.

Here it is from the Metal Mythos comp: Peralta - Someday {We'll Fly Away)

Is it exactly the same, or a slightly different version?

Sandy

Cool. I think track 3, Fly Away, must be the same song from the compilation.

Here it is from the Metal Mythos comp: Peralta - Someday {We'll Fly Away)

Is it exactly the same, or a slightly different version?

It is the same version. And it is a really good song!!!