Dio's Disciples

Captain Howdy

Toby Jepson has confirmed that he and Ripper Owens will front a new Dio tribute band that has been put together by Ronnies wife, Wendy.

Hi there

Tonight I can confirm that I have been approached for, and I have accepted the job as vocalist for Dio's Disciples.

It is a project put together by Ronnie James Dio's Wife and manager Wendy Dio, to keep the great mans music alive and to celebrate the amazing legacy he left behind after his untimely death last year.

The band will consist of Dio band members:

Craig Goldy on guitar, Simon Wright on drums, Rudy Sarzo on bass and Scott Warren on Keyboards. I will be joined on stage by vocalist Tim 'Ripper' Owens to share the duty of delivering what I believe to be some of the greatest Rock songs ever written.

As im sure you can imagine, this is an unbelievable privilege for me but also incredibly daunting as Ronnie is without doubt one of the greatest vocalist to ever grace the stages of rock and can never be replaced.

Ronnie was a pivotal reason for me wanting to get into this game in the first place after hearing that amazing tone and delivery as a kid, so I don't take this task lightly and intend to do everything in my power to do as good a job as possible and hope all fans of Ronnie's can join us in celebrating the great man and his music.

There are shows plans for Europe and the rest of the world and will bring you the dates as soon as I have them.

Until then I thank you for reading and sincerely hope you will join us and become one of Dio's Disciples!

Kindest regards

Tobe

Scarborough 2011

OK, maybe I walked into the middle of the movie, but who the hell is Toby Jepson? :blink:

OK, maybe I walked into the middle of the movie, but who the hell is Toby Jepson? :blink:

Formerly of Little Angels and Gun but I'm not sure why he's involved in this.

I knew Ripper and Craig and the other former Dio members were working on a new project but I haven't seen anything about Toby being involved before. Craig did an interview a week or so ago and he mentioned this project but it didn't have a name and I was under the impression that it was new music not Dio covers.

Again I am shrugging. So I'll just smile and nod. :lol:

I believe Jepson is also fronting the new version of Fastway. Fast Eddie Clark is still the head of the band.

I believe Jepson is also fronting the new version of Fastway. Fast Eddie Clark is still the head of the band.

Yup he's on the upcoming Fastway release as well.

Again I am shrugging. So I'll just smile and nod. :lol:

Gun is Scottish band(I think) that did a couple of albums back in the early 90's and Jepson became their singer in the last few years but just left. He fronted Little Angels who were from the UK back in the late 80's early 90's. As Chad said above he is the current singer for Eddie Clark's new version of Fastway.

Gun is Scottish band(I think) that did a couple of albums back in the early 90's and Jepson became their singer in the last few years but just left. He fronted Little Angels who were from the UK back in the late 80's early 90's. As Chad said above he is the current singer for Eddie Clark's new version of Fastway.

Yea, I vaguely remember the names of both bands but I don't think I ever heard either one. Gun used to get major ink in the British metal mags (i.e. Metal Forces and Metal Hammer) back in the day.