Ripper Owens + Sabbath?

Fat Freddy

I got this message on Facebook today from the Tim "Ripper" Owens fan page...

"Word is Wendy Dio is talking to Iommi and Butler about working with the Ripper on new material....SPREAD THE WORD! RIPPER PLUS SABBATH! WHAT AN AMAZING BAND THAT WOULD BE! so get the word out, let ppl know this is what WE THE FANS WANT!...i think a facebook group is on the way and i will spread word of that when it is up and running!"

Blabbermouth did report about a week ago that Wendy Dio "encourages" the former H&H members to continue working together, so who knows?

If they do this please do it under a different name. I'm sure with Ripper it will be very good but nothing will be the same without RJD. Not just because of his voice but for his songwriting ability. Tim is a great singer and I think they could make good music together but he's not a great songwriter yet. This marriage wouldn't shock me since Wendy does manage Ripper.

I'd dig this also because....basically I don't want them to work with Ozzy. The magic they had before can never be duplicated, that's a given. But let's face it, Ozzy sucks now and I sure as hell don't want his whore wife involved. IMO of course.

I look forward to hearing the end results of this merger, if it happens that is. I agree also that they should come up with a new band name and start from afresh.

I'd dig this also because....basically I don't want them to work with Ozzy. The magic they had before can never be duplicated, that's a given. But let's face it, Ozzy sucks now and I sure as hell don't want his whore wife involved. IMO of course.

My thought exactly when I heard this news.

I'm wondering if it might be Wendy's way to stop the band from rejoining forces with Ozzy...?

I'm sure there would be a demand for Sabbath with Ozzy. I'm also pretty sure the end result would be a train wreck.

• 2 months later...