Death Angel: "Relentless Retribution" review

metalmaniac777

My review of Death Angel's new album, "Relentless Retribution," is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link to check it out:

Death Angel review

Upcoming reviews include:

Hardcore Circus: "Wake up Call"

Chained: s/t

All That Remains: "For we are Many"

Unsun: "Clinic for Dolls"

As you can see, they're keeping me busy over there!

Good review, Mark. :drink:

It almost makes me want to check out this disc. I liked some of their older stuff and have a couple of their newer ones but havne't listened to them but maybe one time. :anon:

Thanks, man. You should check out the album...unless you have no tolerance for the new breed of American heavy metal. I think the band did a really good job of mixing the past with the present.

Funny... I was just thinking that this is one I should check out and possibly pick up. I was reading a little about this release just today.

Cool review... I think I'll be getting this one.

Nice one. I picked this up last week, is very impressive stuff. To be honest they haven't been one of my favourite bands before but this new one is good stuff.

Make sure you give the ALL THAT REMAINS a good review, is great/catchy Metalcore stuff...

Good review Mark. :drink:

It almost makes me want to check out this disc. I liked some of their older stuff and have a couple of their newer ones but havne't listened to them but maybe one time. :anon:

:agree:

I think I want to get hold of this. Just want to check - it doesn't have any "-core" elements, does it? I hate anything suffixed "core"; it is mentioned in reference to one song, but if that's all I can probably stand it.

Cheers.

I think I want to get hold of this. Just want to check - it doesn't have any "-core" elements, does it? I hate anything suffixed "core"; it is mentioned in reference to one song, but if that's all I can probably stand it.

I think you'll like it; nothing "-core" about it, other than maybe a couple of screams here & there; they basically just slowed the tempo down on some of the songs rather than release a full-scale thrash attack, and added the beefy production and commercial choruses that dominate the modern heavy metal scene nowadays; in other words, it's not as "pure oldschool" as, say, the last Overkill album, but neither does it sound like the new Lamb of God CD.