H.E.A.T. Polls

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Favourite H.E.A.T. album - Two fantastic albums that I rate very highly, but I think Freedom Rock just edges the first one. I love almost every song on it, while the s/t has 2 or 3 songs I could live without. But it's a hard choice and I know many will probably disagree with me here.

Favourite song off s/t - again hard choice but my vote goes to "Late Night Lady" closely followed by "Feel It Again"

Favourite song off Freedom Rock - so many great songs on this, High On Love, Danger Road, Everybody, Cast Away and the list goes on... but still my vote goes to "Shelter", the only ballad on the album, but what a ballad! Fantastic verses and a chorus out of this world - just an excellent song all the way.

Well, that's me, what's your choices?

These were my picks:

1. 'Freedom Rock'

2. 'Bring the stars'

3. 'Tonight'

Comments:

I only just prefer the new album to the debut... a little more consistent. 'High on love' is terrible (sorry Kim!) and I really don't like 'Black night' either, but aside from that, every other song is great. On the debut their are no actual fillers, but a few noticeably weaker tracks.

My faves off the debut would probably be:

1. Bring the stars

2. Keep on dreaming

3. Cry

4. Never let go

Unfortunately, the real piss-off for me is that my favourite song off 'Freedom Rock' actually didn't come with my version of the CD. :( I LOVE 'Tonight' and it's my favourite song, but it's on my Ipod seperately to the rest of the physical CD. My favourite song from my version of the CD is 'We're gonna make it to the end.'

Cool choices Geoff. Indeed, "Tonight" is a great song and I think they should have put it on the CD. Have you heard the song "Fill Your Head With Rock" ? It's only released on a special Sweden Rock compilation CD, but it's another awesome H.E.A.T. track.

Thanks for the link, Kim. Cool song. A little different for HEAT, but I actually really dig it. Very happening tune. If someone has an MP3 of that they could forward to me that would be most appreciated. :)

Geoff, I can easily fix an MP3 of this, just write or PM your e-mail addy and I will be happy to send it to you.

The background for this song is that "Fill Your Head With Rock" had been used as a slogan by Sweden Rock Festival for many years. By 2008 the SRF people reached out to different bands and asked them to write a song with that name to be included on a special compilation CD. I actually have that CD and it has 14 tracks named "Fill Your Head With Rock". Other notable bands on the compilation are Helix, Kim Mitchell and Nocturnal Rites.

I went for "Follow Me" and "Everybody Wants to be Someone" as fave tunes. "Freedom Rock" is the better disc IMO...

Freedom Rock, although I love the debut.

Straight For Your Heart

Nobody Loves You

[has to be said that a I love 1,000 miles as well...great song]

I went for "Follow Me" and "Everybody Wants to be Someone" as fave tunes. "Freedom Rock" is the better disc IMO...

My vote is 100% the same as TIM's.

Freedom Rock has the better tunes, but the debut's production and musical direction has more balls, something that's lacking on Freedom Rock. My mixed cd (I'm old school) of the band has 9 tracks from Freedom Rock and 5 from the debut, so my vote would go to Freedom Rock.

Only about 5 votes so far, but everyone has chosen something different....shows the strength of these 2 albums!

That or the fact that only you, Geoff, Tim, Kim and I are the bands only fans on HH. :lol: