Chris Gaines

66 mustang

I remember when this project started getting VH1 play and people were like "WTF?"

I guess I can't blame ole Garth for wanting to stretch his musical wings a little, but going the whole "alter ego" route and creating an entirely different persona (complete with a fictional back story) was a little too weird...

He was the Fozzy before Fozzy with the fictional back story and all.

I remember the whole movie rumour as well and I guess I wonder why the label would allow the music to be released without the movie since it was sure to confuse people. I guess there thinking was that when people found out it's Garth Brooks it'll sell like hot cakes. I guess they didn't figure in that his fans didn't want that from him.

Garth Brooks was a big KISS fan growing up. I guess this project was his version of "MUSIC FROM THE ELDER" :whistle:

I didn't think it was all that bad. It shows that the man does have talent but unfortunately his fans are country fans!! But all in all its not that bad.

Just goes to show, 30-50 sumthing country fans won't stand for Sybil-listic qualities in their performers at that time, but today we have Miley "Hannah Montanna" Cyress, which seems to be perfectly acceptable.

And agree with the Fozzy connection and the fact that for what it is/was it is a fair recording. Maybe it would have been better to keep the Garth Brooks fact a bit more of a secret???