What ever happened to Martie Peters from PUSH ?

rockdoc

Good question. The MPG releases weren't magnificent, but you could always count on him for a few great songs. Would love to hear him reform Push... but any new output would be cool. He is/was actually a member of this forum too.

• 1 month later...

januar 10, 2010

Album update

Here's an update on my album that will (hopefully) come out in 2010

The set back:

I have had a few set backs in the past months, first I lost my father in law in October and then my mother died on Christmas eve so it has been a very tough period for me.

The good part:

I have hooked up with my good friend Rene Shades who is helping me produce the album and it is now coming along nicely and I am sure it will please a lot of you people who have seen me trying to take on Rod's material in the recent years.

The songs we are recording are originals written by Shades, Christian and myself but there are surprises too (I won't reveal everything at this point). We have ballads, mid tempo songs and classic rock anthems with horns and everything!

Song titles include: The Flame, Strength Of You, The Balcony, All About Myself, The Big Weekend, All The Time, Dreams Die Hard, A Different Kind Of Blue...

Like I mentioned in June I have some of the coolest guys from Rod's legendary bands playing on the album. We are trying to blend the glory sound of Stewart's past with something modern and so far I am thrilled with how it is sounding.

I will put some videos from the studio online soon so you can get a glimpse of what is going on and even hear some samples of the music.

Here is a list of people participating so far:

Kevin Savigar - piano/strings/synths

Jim Cregan - guitar

Tony Brock - drums

Paul Robinson - drums

Jimmy Zavala - sax/harp

Lee Thornburgh - horns

Paul Bushnell - bass

Christian "Magic" Thiesen - guitar

Rene Shades - guitar

Wow, nice. Good to see him still in action after what sounds like a very rough patch. Looking forward to the new tunes indeed!

Out of curiosity, anyone know who Rene and Rod are, and who their previous bands were?

• 1 year later...

I thought Push were a quality band but I sort of stood on my own.

Yeah, not sure you're right there, mate. Far as I know the Push albums had a good reputation. I loved them too. The horrible production job on the 3rd album was a killer, because that was a great CD. But the first 2 were great, and 'Waiting in the line' and 'Heart is an empty space' are two of my favourite songs from the last decade or so.

Gotta be honest - I can't play the new full song, but I can play the other 3 excerpts. Does not sound good to me. Very mellow, almost a slight country vibe. I liked the MPG discs, but I wish Push just got back together and blessed us with more Push music.

Yeah, not sure you're right there, mate. Far as I know the Push albums had a good reputation. I loved them too. The horrible production job on the 3rd album was a killer, because that was a great CD. But the first 2 were great, and 'Waiting in the line' and 'Heart is an empty space' are two of my favourite songs from the last decade or so.

Gotta be honest - I can't play the new full song, but I can play the other 3 excerpts. Does not sound good to me. Very mellow, almost a slight country vibe. I liked the MPG discs, but I wish Push just got back together and blessed us with more Push music.

I agree. I was so disappointed with the production quality on the third album. Especially after the polished job on the second. But the songs were pretty good. I really liked the title track and especially 'Black Candles'.

I agree. I was so disappointed with the production quality on the third album. Especially after the polished job on the second. But the songs were pretty good. I really liked the title track and especially 'Black Candles'.

Yeah, 'On The Run' sounded like a million dollars. I wonder what went so wrong on '4 The Love Of The Game?'. :(

Mate, I just realised we forgot an album! :lol: They had 4 discs. I think we forgot about the debut, 'Maximum Entertainment.' So in actual fact, all 3 of the first albums sound great, but sadly not the 4th. Unfortunately, I actually think that on a purely songwise/consistency level, the 4th might be the best. Possibly.

• 2 weeks later...