Geto Boys

Leykis101

Listening to Gangster Of Love and Assassins, makes me remember just how influential and entertaining these guys were, they never took themselves all that seriously which made me instantly love them, even back in 1990! great rap group, and icons in the genre!!

Listening to Gangster Of Love and Assassins, makes me remember just how influential and entertaining these guys were, they never took themselves all that seriously which made me instantly love them, even back in 1990! great rap group, and icons in the genre!!

I have to admit I liked the Geto Boys too back in the day...liked how they used the Skynyrd sample for "Gangster of Love". "My Mind's Playin' Tricks on Me" is a cool song also...

I have to admit I liked the Geto Boys too back in the day...liked how they used the Skynyrd sample for "Gangster of Love". "My Mind's Playin' Tricks on Me" is a cool song also...

Wasn't it Steve Miller Band they sampled for "Gangster of Love"?

You're right Rick I forgot about that version...On my cd though they use "Sweet Home Alabama" & I think it sounds alot better...

You're right Rick I forgot about that version...On my cd though they use "Sweet Home Alabama" & I think it sounds alot better...

Cool, haven't heard that version. Bet it is good though!

Rick Rubin canned the Joker, and had Red(the dj) experiment with different old school rock guitar trax, the other one thats out there, but next to impossible to find is the Gangster Of Love with George Thurgood Bad To The Bone guitar riff in the song, by far the best version is that with Skynard! it's alot more smooth and flows along alot better!

Dang didn't know anyone else up here was a Geto Boys fan! I love My mind is playin' tricks on me and who can forget the classic scene in Office Space Peter, Micheal and Samir are murdering the copier with the baseball bat and their fists with Geto Boys music playing in the background Still is what's call but all you remember is Die Mf Die Mf still. Also they play Damn is feels good to be a Gangsta........classic

Dang didn't know anyone else up here was a Geto Boys fan! I love My mind is playin' tricks on me and who can forget the classic scene in Office Space Peter, Micheal and Samir are murdering the copier with the baseball bat and their fists with Geto Boys music playing in the background Still is what's call but all you remember is Die Mf Die Mf still. Also they play Damn is feels good to be a Gangsta........classic

Um okay im gonna need you to just go ahead and tell all these people your not a fan of the geto boys, if you could, ok, thanks!!!

As rubbish as it is, as far as rap went these guys and NWA were about the only 2 groups that did provide some harmless fun. I remember back in my easily influenced days when I didn't really like any music of any sort, these guys were regulars on my playlists. :lol:

As rubbish as it is, as far as rap went these guys and NWA were about the only 2 groups that did provide some harmless fun. I remember back in my easily influenced days when I didn't really like any music of any sort, these guys were regulars on my playlists. :lol:

Dont Forget the greatest rap group in history! so far ahead of their time it was disgusting, and the real and only group of any genre to stir this country up like a shake, 2 LIVE CREW!!!A

This is one of the foulest, most immature, vulgar, crass, misogynist, sexist, songs of recent memory, the filth that is presented in Gangster Of Love is horrendous, just look at this lyric from it, rapped by jamaican midget Bushwick Bill,

"Oh cathy, that hoe was hot,

the first piece of pussy that i ever got.

she fucked me til i was cummin,

put my nuts in her mouth, and started hummin.

i said, shit, um its ejecting.

she started scratching my dillbag and said hold up a second.

turn me over on my back gold,

opened up my butt cheeks and started lickin out my asshole.

thats why i guess that im the gangsta.

and oh ya, cathleen johnson, sweetheart, i'd like to thank ya"

can you believe this vile garbage?

he he he

I always like "My Minds Playing Tricks On Me".

I went through a faze where I hung out with a couple of guys that really liked Rap so it was always playing in their cars so I got to know most of the groups. Thank God those days are over.

I think the Geto Boys are largely accepted by listeners of all generes, because they were unique, they made for entertaining listening and used alot of old rock samples to let people know they respect and listen to white music, especially Willie D, he gave an interview one time saying when he was in jail, they were watching The Box, and John Cougar Mellencamps video came on for Jack And Diane, he almost got into a fight with some other black guy that wanted to watch it, and he didnt, but he gave in, and after watching that video has never really listened to much rap again, his favorite artist is James Taylor! LOL!