Treat & The Poodles & H.E.A.T.

Swazi

Looking forward to this monster concert taking place in Munich tomorrow !!

:guitbannana::party421::guitbannana:

Great lineup mate, although I was a little disappointed with The Poodles when I saw them last year to be honest. Have a great one mate and have a beer for me. Will be interested in a little gig review when you return. :drink;

Great lineup mate, although I was a little disappointed with The Poodles when I saw them last year to be honest. Have a great one mate and have a beer for me. Will be interested in a little gig review when you return. :drink;

Nice stuff. I'd skip The Poodles but be interested in the comparison between the other two...

Nice. I agree that The Poodles are no doubt the weak link there, but I'd still be very excited to see them live... and I'd sell my balls to see the other 2 live. Have an awesome night.

Ok, I am not so good with these concert descriptions, but here's a quick update.

App. 200 people went to this show yesterday (Munich isn't exactly the mecca of melodic rock music). But the crowd was in a cheerful mood and were waiting for their "heroes" in anticipation. Funny episode: There was this guy squeezing right between me and my friends to stand. I thought "WTF" ! Then this lady friend of mine gave him the typical female "Piss off" look (you know ... the one with the one eyebrow pulling up ?!?) and he eventually did exactly that, then standing behind us. But he was behaving in a funny way. Always hiding behind people, ducking away, taking pictures into the crowd and being a real nerd. And I did get the impression that he was actually taking photos of a kissing couple. Then suddenly he was gone. Minutes later there was some shoving and fighting a few meters from where we were standing and it was this guy pushing the (his ?) woman out of the hall with her lover running behind them. LOL ! Apparently caught in the act !! ;) They were calmed down by the security people, the obviously cheating couple left the concert hall afterwards shaking their heads and the funny guy then disappeared as well. Amusing in a strange sort of way !

Anyway, the whole show started exactly on time. A very good sign as far as I am concerned. There is not much more annoyíng for me at concerts than having to wait for the artist to come on stage when they should have been there hours ago.

It was H.E.A.T. to come on first. Until then I hadn't quite realized that it is actually 6 of them ! They did a nice and tight show singing 8 - 9 songs, I think three from their new album. It all sounded really great and the frontman was good in steering the crowd and motivating us to clap and sing along, etc. Especially "Cry" was received very well. After app. 50 minutes it was over and they left the stage accompanied by loud cheering and applauding.

After app. 15 minutes of changing the setup on the stage The Poodles came. Really cool guys ! I don't know why you guys didn't like them when you saw them last, but I thought they were awesome ! They played for about 75 minutes and presented their "best of" material. The crowd was really heated up by then and made it quite easy for Jakob Samuel. He changed his outfit various times, talked to the crowd, made jokes, etc. Superb show !

And then came TREAT. Unfortunately they were a bit of a disappointment for me. Well, not actually all of them, but more he, Mr. Robert Ernlund. He reminded me of a overweight version of "Rumpelstiltskin". I mean they played great, all 75 minutes packed with highlights and the best tracks of their new album. But he just looked and acted out-of-date. He didn't manage to connect with the crowd as good as the others and hence the atmosphere seemed to cool down a little and the cheering and applause wasn't as loud anymore. Good show, but for me a band that I will listen to on CD from now on.

All in all a great event that I really enjoyed and I didn't regret spending money on. The downside was that the we just missed the underground train - we could see it disappearing - and had to wait 40 minutes for the next one. I fell into my bed just after 1 am.

Over and out ........

:party421:

P.S.:

I should mention that I wore my FarCry "High Gear" t-shirt yesterday ! ;)

Ok, I am not so good with these concert descriptions, but here's a quick update.

App. 200 people went to this show yesterday (Munich isn't exactly the mecca of melodic rock music). But the crowd was in a cheerful mood and were waiting for their "heroes" in anticipation. Funny episode: There was this guy squeezing right between me and my friends to stand. I thought "WTF" ! Then this lady friend of mine gave him the typical female "Piss off" look (you know ... the one with the one eyebrow pulling up ?!?) and he eventually did exactly that, then standing behind us. But he was behaving in a funny way. Always hiding behind people, ducking away, taking pictures into the crowd and being a real nerd. And I did get the impression that he was actually taking photos of a kissing couple. Then suddenly he was gone. Minutes later there was some shoving and fighting a few meters from where we were standing and it was this guy pushing the (his ?) woman out of the hall with her lover running behind them. LOL ! Apparently caught in the act !! ;) They were calmed down by the security people, the obviously cheating couple left the concert hall afterwards shaking their heads and the funny guy then disappeared as well. Amusing in a strange sort of way !

Anyway, the whole show started exactly on time. A very good sign as far as I am concerned. There is not much more annoyíng for me at concerts than having to wait for the artist to come on stage when they should have been there hours ago.

It was H.E.A.T. to come on first. Until then I hadn't quite realized that it is actually 6 of them ! They did a nice and tight show singing 8 - 9 songs, I think three from their new album. It all sounded really great and the frontman was good in steering the crowd and motivating us to clap and sing along, etc. Especially "Cry" was received very well. After app. 50 minutes it was over and they left the stage accompanied by loud cheering and applauding.

After app. 15 minutes of changing the setup on the stage The Poodles came. Really cool guys ! I don't know why you guys didn't like them when you saw them last, but I thought they were awesome ! They played for about 75 minutes and presented their "best of" material. The crowd was really heated up by then and made it quite easy for Jakob Samuel. He changed his outfit various times, talked to the crowd, made jokes, etc. Superb show !

And then came TREAT. Unfortunately they were a bit of a disappointment for me. Well, not actually all of them, but more he, Mr. Robert Ernlund. He reminded me of a overweight version of "Rumpelstiltskin". I mean they played great, all 75 minutes packed with highlights and the best tracks of their new album. But he just looked and acted out-of-date. He didn't manage to connect with the crowd as good as the others and hence the atmosphere seemed to cool down a little and the cheering and applause wasn't as loud anymore. Good show, but for me a band that I will listen to on CD from now on.

All in all a great event that I really enjoyed and I didn't regret spending money on. The downside was that the we just missed the underground train - we could see it disappearing - and had to wait 40 minutes for the next one. I fell into my bed just after 1 am.

Over and out ........

:party421:

P.S.:

I should mention that I wore my FarCry "High Gear" t-shirt yesterday ! ;)

Nice review mate.

Re The Poodles, their set at FF was only about 50 mins and in between chit chat and a solo (?) they only played about 6 songs, so a bit difficult to judge. I really liked them anyway, but Jez less so (??).

Re Treat. Yeah im not surprised by your comments, When I caught them at FF I thought the same. Very old fashioned and out of touch. Old school through and through. I did read as well that they dont play 'Paper Tiger' or 'All For Love' live ***shocker ***.

Anyways a great show to see no doubt.

Cheers

Nice one, Bernd. Sounds like a top night. Amazing or not, count yourself lucky you got to see Treat, mate. Some of us would part with nuts for the opportunity. ;)

Nice one, Bernd. Sounds like a top night. Amazing or not, count yourself lucky you got to see Treat, mate. Some of us would part with nuts for the opportunity. ;)

Yeah I count myself lucky. I saw them a FF a few years back and they were one of the best Melodic Rock bands I've ever seen live - genuinely. Killer stuff. Would love to see all the Scandi bands put on a big bill and do a serious tour...

Yeah I count myself lucky. I saw them a FF a few years back and they were one of the best Melodic Rock bands I've ever seen live - genuinely. Killer stuff. Would love to see all the Scandi bands put on a big bill and do a serious tour...

Yep, I do count myself lucky as well. At least I get to see them every now and then. Although the big MR events don't happen over here anymore, at least not in Munich. The next concert I will most probably go to is Axel Rudi Pell.

Isn't MRFII taking place right now ? I wonder what that is going to be like ??

Yep, I do count myself lucky as well. At least I get to see them every now and then. Although the big MR events don't happen over here anymore, at least not in Munich. The next concert I will most probably go to is Axel Rudi Pell.

pretty awesome me thinks :-(

I have seen Treat a number of time thruoght the years and Robban ERnlund is the weakest link not just his voice. He is not a good personality on stage. He has never been and propably not be. But they are still a great band.

MR 2's been fab so far Bernd, check my facebook for updates :)

Amazing you mentioned of wearing a Far CRy t shirt, met the mighty Pete backstage & got him to sign my Far Cry CD cover, he promised to line the rest of the band to sign it over the weekend :)

I now need to get a Far Cry t shirt :headbanger:

I hope you give Treat another chance as a live band btw :)