VANDEN PLAS "The Seraphic Clockwork"

Chris

From their website:

"The new Vanden Plas album "The Seraphic Clockwork" will be released on 04 June 2010 by Frontiers Records. The 8 songs were recorded at Bazement Studio by engineer Markus Teske and produced by the band.

The story of the concept album was written by Andy Kuntz and tells about a journey in time. The protagonist, who lives in 16th century Rome, comes under the spell of an Old Testament prophecy. He travels back to Jerusalem in the year 33 anno Domini where he must face his God-given destiny.

Stephan Lill about the new album: "I think that my preference for heavier bands shines through more than ever before. Heavy riffs, elaborate keyboard and orchestra arrangements plus catchy hook lines come together in a perfect symbiosis which marks Vanden Plas' characteristic style. I feel that we were much more adventurous on The Seraphic Clockwork than ever before."

http://www.vandenplas.de/news.php

This looks awesome for those who like the band. I'm probably in the minority if not alone in this thought, but I figured I'd post it anyway. I cannot wait!!

From their website:

"The new Vanden Plas album "The Seraphic Clockwork" will be released on 04 June 2010 by Frontiers Records. The 8 songs were recorded at Bazement Studio by engineer Markus Teske and produced by the band.

The story of the concept album was written by Andy Kuntz and tells about a journey in time. The protagonist, who lives in 16th century Rome, comes under the spell of an Old Testament prophecy. He travels back to Jerusalem in the year 33 anno Domini where he must face his God-given destiny.

Stephan Lill about the new album: "I think that my preference for heavier bands shines through more than ever before. Heavy riffs, elaborate keyboard and orchestra arrangements plus catchy hook lines come together in a perfect symbiosis which marks Vanden Plas' characteristic style. I feel that we were much more adventurous on The Seraphic Clockwork than ever before."

http://www.vandenplas.de/news.php

This looks awesome for those who like the band. I'm probably in the minority if not alone in this thought, but I figured I'd post it anyway. I cannot wait!!

Chris, you're definitely not alone. I remember buying the Colour temple when it was released in 95. A great album. Less progressive than the latter albums but I like the some of the newer albums as well but not as much as the Colour temple album. Beyond daylight was also really good.

Whos the singer?

Matt my little lost child, there's something called...GOOGLE! :blink:

If you're so lazy the singer is called Andy Kuntz. :)

And what a great band Vanden Plas is. One of my favourite prog band, I can't wait for the new one.

It all went downhill after Behind.... but then again I started to move away from Prog Metal not long after that ;)

I have that album in your avatar ("Christ 0"), is great stuff. I'm not a big Prog fan but, like Dream Theater, this band have a lot of crossover appeal...

Whos the singer?

And what a great band Vanden Plas is. One of my favourite prog band, I can't wait for the new one.

Stefan... youre a Kuntz

Whos the singer?

Stefan... youre a Kuntz

Yeah, I know :tumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any verdicts so far on this one? I generally don't like prog metal, I find it too self indulgent and I really dislike Dream Theater. The samples of this one, though, sound very interesting, with some nice guitar solos, which always helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Any verdicts so far on this one? I generally don't like prog metal, I find it too self indulgent and I really dislike Dream Theater. The samples of this one, though, sound very interesting, with some nice guitar solos, which always helps.

Even though some of the songs are over 7:00, I think most will find this very accessible and very good. I really like Vanden Plas, and I think they have been getting better with each release. DT kinda stutters with their latest stuff, very hit and miss. If you like the samples, you will like this.

Listened to most of the tracks on Youtube and downloaded 'Holes In The Sky' from Amazon, a storming song. The rest of the album sounds a bit too proggy for my tastes, although I did quite like 'The Final Murder'.