State Of Shock

• 4 years later...

Canadian rock band State Of Shock just released a new album called "Life Love & Lies". Pretty damn catchy if I do say so myself. You can check out the tracks on their myspace page. Definitely check out their new hit single off it called "Money Honey". Very cool. I'm getting a Faber Drive type vibe from these guys. I just ordered my copy today off e-bay. Can't wait to get it.

http://www.myspace.com/stateofshock

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my copy of State Of Shock "Life, Love & Lies". This is damn catchy stuff people. Brian Howes (Hinder producer) even co-write one of the tracks on this cd. Cool cd from start to finish. Outstanding tracks include "Best I Ever Had", "Money Honey", "Honeymoon's Over", and "Too Pretty". Has nobody else checked these guys out yet? I'm actually waiting for their 2004 release "Guilty By Association" to arrive in the mail as well.

Here's a link to the music video for their hit single "Money Honey"

These guys have plenty of vocal harmony on almost all their songs. Good stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked this up for 3$, still sealed at a local Value Village. Pretty damn good melodic modern rock. Fans of SR-71, Hinder and Jet Black Stare should feel right at home with this one. I'm not typically a ballad guy but the song "Best I Ever Had" is freakin' brilliant. Geoff....Lennie....Backster, guys this one is worth checking out.

Just got to hear a bit of 'Money honey' on myspace. YUM!

After only spinning this one twice, I find "Money Honey" to be one of the weakest tracks. The first 4 tracks are the standouts so far.

Jeebers f*cking cripes. No wonder I never found this thread - just took about 18 years to find it then, knowing it was here somewhere. :lol: The search was not for the f*ck of me working at all.

Anyway, I have heard 'Guilty By Association' and will leave 'Life, Love & Lies' for tomorrow morning as I think it'll kick my ass. The verdict on 'Guilty...'? It's a good solid slab of modern rock. Maybe a little "plain" to really set me alight, but still a good disc. I found myself mostly enjoying the ballads and slower numbers. 'Wish I never met you' and 'If I could' were both good, but there were quite a few good tracks. I doubt I'll spin this too often and I am convinced the next album will destroy it.

After a few more spins I still think the best track is "Best I Ever Had" and "Day After Day" is also great, the first 5 tracks rock. Ah Hell! the whole thing is pretty damn good. I hear alot of Daughtry as well in the sound.

After a few more spins I still think the best track is "Best I Ever Had" and "Day After Day" is also great, the first 5 tracks rock. Ah Hell! the whole thing is pretty damn good. I hear alot of Daughtry as well in the sound.

Yeah, very strong album. I really enjoyed it. Much better than the debut. Just have to agree with you and Chris on the best track, though. 'Best I ever had' is simply stunning.

Yeah, I never did follow up with my thoughts about their debut "Guilty By Association". I wasn't that impressed by "Guilty.." to tell the truth. I thought the best song was the last track on the disc called "Roll With Me". That track was the only instant classic for me. Their newest release is by far the better of the two albums. I'm blown away that someone mentioned that "Money Honey" is a weak track. I still consider it one of the strongest on the entire album.

Yeah, I never did follow up with my thoughts about their debut "Guilty By Association". I wasn't that impressed by "Guilty.." to tell the truth. I thought the best song was the last track on the disc called "Roll With Me". That track was the only instant classic for me. Their newest release is by far the better of the two albums. I'm blown away that someone mentioned that "Money Honey" is a weak track. I still consider it one of the strongest on the entire album.

Yeah, must admit after spinning the whole disc I'd put 'Money Honey' in the top 3. :)

• 2 years later...

So did anyone keep tabs on these guys? I recently finally got the hard copy of their debut, but also just got through spinning their new album; 'Rock N' Roll Romance.'

All I can say, doods, is check this mofo out. And whatever you do, don't dismiss it after 2 songs, like I was about to do.

Here's the track list:

1 Intro

2 F Word

3 Have a Nice Day

4 Runaway

5 Innocent Girl

6 Wish I Woulda Wowed U

7 Mary Goes Round

8 Gone N Done N Did It

9 Last Call

10 Still Got Tomorrow

11 Call Me Crazy

12 Used To Be

13 Rock N Roll Romance

The album starts off with an intro and then 2 blatant boring modern hard rock songs which are so obviously fillers it hurts. I was seriously already telling myself modern rock was dead and the world was exploding and Jesus hates me and everything is so emo... but all of a sudden this album turned into something really, really worthwhile. I think there was one more filler, but basically 'Runaway' is excellent. As in, one of the better songs I've heard this year. And it does not stop there. The band suddenly realise - like every band in this style - that every time they try to rock a little hard they suck and write fillers, so instead they resort to commercial track after commercial track, all the way to the end. If you love obvious but nevertheless great modern rock mid-tempo gems and ballads, check this one out asap. 'Still got tomorrow' and 'Used to be' are brilliant too. But after the shaky start, most of this is just great.

Killer surprise and I hope people here get on board for this one.