Without Tomorrow - 'Chasing Dreams'

Geoff

It really pains me to say that the first modern release (aside from Story of the Year) that truly blows me away in 2010 is a godforsaken download only. And worse than that? It's only a godforsaken EP!

So why make a thread? you ask. Listen to 'Scars' and 'Believe' and you will understand:

http://www.myspace.com/withouttomorrow

The tracklist on this EP is:

1. Scars

2. Surrender

3. Believe

4. Chasing Dreams

5. Crash

I find every song to be excellent, especially 'Scars' and the huge ballad 'Believe.' What I can't understand is how these download only bands score these flawless, stunning production jobs. This thing just sounds amazing.

Anyway, if you have an Ipod all I can say is make sure this is on it.

I'm listening to their full length debut as I type. It sounds good, but nothing even remotely close to the quality of the new EP. Sadly, this full album is also download only. Actually, this 'Getting close' track isn't far off the quality of the EP.

5112jlAAldL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

511flYFNrlL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

And just wondering what's happening... No Love Lost, Fallbrooke and now Without Tomorrow - all 3 bands have very good modern rock vocalists, all three download only. Why? :(

Bastards.

Did you listen to it or is it off limits due to downloadness? Would be interested to hear if this floats your boat. :)

Bastards.

Did you listen to it or is it off limits due to downloadness? Would be interested to hear if this floats your boat. :)

What is there to listen to? They haven't released a CD so how can I own this? If I click the links above will it transport me to the bands house where they are waiting to play the song? I'll try it out, but bands like this are why the illegal downloading issue is such a big one. Those who download this will no doubt want to do the same when they finally release a full album, and a lot of those will probably illegally download it. If they simply released a CD to start with, which you had to buy, then when they did release an album people would buy that too...

I liked this song

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=22343

but never made a thread as I didnt think the whole album was good enough.

Be interested to hear this new EP and as you all know download is just fine with me ;-))

I liked this song

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=22343

but never made a thread as I didnt think the whole album was good enough.

Be interested to hear this new EP and as you all know download is just fine with me ;-))

Whoops, sorry mate, missed that one. If you liked that one, pretty sure you'll love this new EP. 'Scars', 'Believe' and 'Crash' are such excellent songs.

And yeah, Tim, agree with your thoughts on downloading. Can someone please explain this to me, though. Why do these bands like No Love Lost, Fallbrooke, Crashcarburn and Without Tomorrow release download-only albums? Is it because they can't find a record label to release a hard copy? Why are the albums always immaculately produced too, and with artwork? Are they shopping that around to record labels but just get frustrated and release it digitally themselves? And how do they rope someone into a first-class production job for an album without label backing? No one would even know who produced it.

• 1 year later...

This band now has two CD's available from CD Baby. Will check em out.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/withouttomorrow2

Wow, thanks mate. Just bought the EP. The full length, I think I'll sit on. I liked it, but don't think I'd pay that price plus shipping for it. :)

Thanks heaps for this tip!