Before Their Eyes

Geoff

Track listing

1. "Hey Dude!"- (3:10)

2. "Sing to Me"- (3:04)

3. "Not Alone"- (3:35)

4. "Love Is Misery"- (3:54)

5. "My Match, Your Fire"- (3:16)

6. "Start with Today (Feat. Kristen Williams)"- (3:51)

7. "Bulletproof"- (3:31)

8. "Finding a Way"- (3:18)

9. "Rick Vs. Nick"- (3:27)

10. "Hell or High Water"- (3:05)

11. "Start with Today (Acoustic)"- (3:51)

http://www.myspace.com/beforetheireyes

before-their-eyes-untouchable-300x292.jpg

Great new album... loving this new CD. The good news is it looks like they have two more before it - s/t and 'Dawn of my death'. The only issue could be that I may have already heard and dismissed 'Dawn of my death'? It sounds familiar.

Anyway, this new album is great stuff. Hard to describe too. They have a bit of the post-hardcore heavy sound going, but it's very harmless. The whole album is clean vocals with just a few little screams and some heavy music passages here and there. But generally it's just very melodic stuff, like a cross between Saosin and a less screamy A Day To Remember is how I'd describe them. Try to get a listen of 'Love is misery' which is just one of the best songs of the year so far, hands down.

Wow those aggressive vocal parts sound so out of place on this!

I just checked the myspace and all the samples on itunes - pretty much hated 'Rick vs Nick' so was very glad to hear that most of the first half of the cd is NOTHING like that track and is in fact quite excellent sounding - tracks 2-6 all sounded like winners to me.

A couple of aggressive sounding tunes on the second half....but some of those sounded good too.

Nice find mate....and some of those early tracks reminded me of Simple Plan to some degree....that sound is definitely better than the aggressive vox which sound a bit forced.

For info the debut sounds shit...i'd avoid that like the plague lol. 'Dawn Of My Death' sounded better, but the hooks werent as good as the new album. Might be worth checking out tho.

Cheers

Wow those aggressive vocal parts sound so out of place on this!

I just checked the myspace and all the samples on itunes - pretty much hated 'Rick vs Nick' so was very glad to hear that most of the first half of the cd is NOTHING like that track and is in fact quite excellent sounding - tracks 2-6 all sounded like winners to me.

A couple of aggressive sounding tunes on the second half....but some of those sounded good too.

Nice find mate....and some of those early tracks reminded me of Simple Plan to some degree....that sound is definitely better than the aggressive vox which sound a bit forced.

For info the debut sounds shit...i'd avoid that like the plague lol. 'Dawn Of My Death' sounded better, but the hooks werent as good as the new album. Might be worth checking out tho.

Cheers

Yeah mate, totally agree about the aggressive vocals. I literally had to check my Ipod about 4 times at the end of this album to check it was the same band. Because as you say, the early tracks (after the average opener) are all great, as you say, kind of like Simple Plan. Very commercial almost pop rock/punk kind of stuff... and then all of a sudden there are a few angry intros and you're all like wtf, where did this come from? That said, after a few spins I have to say that I'm enjoying all the tunes... even if the early more melodic ones are the easy pick. Did you hear 'Love is misery' yet? What a gem.

Thanks for the info on the other two. I'm going to do some searching because I'm so sure I've heard 'Dawn of my death'. I remember a band with a similar name to this and an album with a similar name to this, but I only had a pre-release with no song titles and stuff. I'm betting it was this actual band and that actual release. And if so, I recall that it was a good, very solid CD but as you say, may just have been lacking the killer hooks.

Cool release. I'm really liking it even with those aggressive parts. Geoff have you had a chance to check out their older albums? Just wondering if they are worth hunting down. Though from what Glen said about them I'm not all that keen to go and check them out.

Hey Justin. Yeah, sorry mate, forgot about the thread but I did check out the 'Dawn Of My Death' album. Pretty good stuff actually. As Glen says, not quite as memorable as the new album. But the songs are consistently solid, same stlye as the new album... just not quite the same quality of hooks. But I'm going to buy that one and the new one. Haven't heard the debut yet based on Glen's words, but might just give it a quick go at some point.

Hey Justin. Yeah, sorry mate, forgot about the thread but I did check out the 'Dawn Of My Death' album. Pretty good stuff actually. As Glen says, not quite as memorable as the new album. But the songs are consistently solid, same stlye as the new album... just not quite the same quality of hooks. But I'm going to buy that one and the new one. Haven't heard the debut yet based on Glen's words, but might just give it a quick go at some point.

Cool thanks. I'll probable give 'Dawn of My Death' a go then as I'm really liking this one.

I've had their S/T for a while now and only got into a couple of songs, but I think that was more post hardcore-y. They seemed to have become more melodic, but there are plenty of other CDs I need to pick up first.