F.Y.E ~ Possible good news

LV KIX

I stopped in my (somewhat) local F.Y.E on Saturday and noticed they were having a huge sale on EVER single CD release in the store... $9.99 each. I had some time to kill so I asked the manager how long the sale was going to be going on. He explained to me that this particular store was chosen to be one of 51 F.Y.E stores in The States as a test store. These CDs actually were not on sale but reduced as a way to test the market. He told me that they would be priced at $9.99 for at least the next 2 months. If sales and profits allowed this would be the new price of CDs for the long hall. Other stores all over the country would change to conform to this price.

Some of the same CDs I had paid as much as $17.99 just weeks ago were now $9.99. With any luck your local F.Y.E will follow suite within the next few months. there is one slight draw back to this new price though... a couple record companies will not allow F.Y.E to stock their products at $9.99. I did as the manager if they could still special order from those companies and he told me yes... but the price would not be $9.99. I'm not sure if ever F.Y.E has the selection that my local store does.... but the store here even has a whole section for what they consider "heavy metal".

Long story short (or at least shorter)... I was actually just in the store to kill time while my son spent his birthday money in another store and in no way intended on buying anything... but I walked out with 4 new CDs. If I am any indication, it appears that this trial is working so far. So if your local F.Y. E lowers the price of CDs you can just thank me (or send me an F.Y.E gift card). :whistle:

I stopped in my (somewhat) local F.Y.E on Saturday and noticed they were having a huge sale on EVER single CD release in the store... $9.99 each. I had some time to kill so I asked the manager how long the sale was going to be going on. He explained to me that this particular store was chosen to be one of 51 F.Y.E stores in The States as a test store. These CDs actually were not on sale but reduced as a way to test the market. He told me that they would be priced at $9.99 for at least the next 2 months. If sales and profits allowed this would be the new price of CDs for the long hall. Other stores all over the country would change to conform to this price.

Some of the same CDs I had paid as much as $17.99 just weeks ago were now $9.99. With any luck your local F.Y.E will follow suite within the next few months. there is one slight draw back to this new price though... a couple record companies will not allow F.Y.E to stock their products at $9.99. I did as the manager if they could still special order from those companies and he told me yes... but the price would not be $9.99. I'm not sure if ever F.Y.E has the selection that my local store does.... but the store here even has a whole section for what they consider "heavy metal".

Long story short (or at least shorter)... I was actually just in the store to kill time while my son spent his birthday money in another store and in no way intended on buying anything... but I walked out with 4 new CDs. If I am any indication, it appears that this trial is working so far. So if your local F.Y. E lowers the price of CDs you can just thank me (or send me an F.Y.E gift card). :whistle:

Hey man thanks for the info...I have a couple of F.Y.E.'s around here that I'll be checking out. They both carry used cd's that were sometimes priced at $9.99 so I wonder if they will mark those down since the new ones will be the same price?? :screwy:

I heard about this recently... there aren't any FYE's near me but I did visit one a few weeks ago and unfortunately it didn't seem to be one of the stores doing the "Everything for $9.99" experiment... (my brother even commented as we flipped thru the CDs, "Who the f**k is gonna pay $18.99 for KILL'EM ALL after all these years?" hahahaha)

Hey man thanks for the info...I have a couple of F.Y.E.'s around here that I'll be checking out. They both carry used cd's that were sometimes priced at $9.99 so I wonder if they will mark those down since the new ones will be the same price?? :screwy:

I didn't look much at the used CDs since I bought 4 newer releases... but the few I did notice were priced from $4.99 to $7.99.

I'm not sure about the F.Y.E stores around the country but my local one carries artists such as Dream Evil, Doro, Saxon and such. Not bad for the new $9.99 price.

I've been taking advantage of this sale for quite some time now. I actually picked up RICK SPRINGFIELD'S-VENUS IN OVERDRIVE for $9.99 :headbanger: . This store is in the FREEHOLD MALL. I don't think the F.Y.E. store by my job (Tinton Falls) is doing the sale. I might have to go there this weekend to take a look..

I've been taking advantage of this sale for quite some time now. I actually picked up RICK SPRINGFIELD'S-VENUS IN OVERDRIVE for $9.99 :headbanger: . This store is in the FREEHOLD MALL. I don't think the F.Y.E. store by my job (Tinton Falls) is doing the sale. I might have to go there this weekend to take a look..

Yes. You better before they go under. I see them being absorbed by another company on their parent company with that survivalist sales plan. They already get lower wholesale pricing and most likely on consignment which makes me think they asked for record labels/distributors to lower their wholesale pricing so this $9.99 pricing would be worth it and were given a big 'NO'. They are probably trying to do to music what Amazon does for its e-books but it will not work.

Yes. You better before they go under. I see them being absorbed by another company on their parent company with that survivalist sales plan. They already get lower wholesale pricing and most likely on consignment which makes me think they asked for record labels/distributors to lower their wholesale pricing so this $9.99 pricing would be worth it and were given a big 'NO'. They are probably trying to do to music what Amazon does for its e-books but it will not work.

In my area, F.Y.E. already bought out COMPACT DISC WORLD a couple of years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

In my area, F.Y.E. already bought out COMPACT DISC WORLD a couple of years ago.

Yes. Those shops all belong to a corporation called Trans World Entertainment. And it does not have a good track record for keeping stores in business. If I remember correctly, they had over 15 or so companies and now they have about a handful.

I didn't look much at the used CDs since I bought 4 newer releases... but the few I did notice were priced from $4.99 to $7.99.

I'm not sure about the F.Y.E stores around the country but my local one carries artists such as Dream Evil, Doro, Saxon and such. Not bad for the new $9.99 price.

I was impressed with the "metal" section at the FYE store in Westminster...who would have thought.

I was impressed with the "metal" section at the FYE store in Westminster...who would have thought.

Most FYE's I've been to that have had a Metal section have been very good.

They always seem to carry the SPV, Nuclear Blast and Century Media releases.

• 2 years later...

It seems like the FYE in Eatontown NJ, will soon no longer exist.

The lone FYE in my neck o'the woods (Rockaway, NJ) went belly up at the end of 2010. I had a feeling even then, that the entire company was simply circling the drain.