Arch Rival

heaven&hell

I've never heard of these guys before even though they appear to have released like 5 cds.

They have just reissued(or about to reissue) their debut on Rockaholic Records and from the samples this stuff kicks butt. Kind like Dokken and Melodic Metal. It appears they're from Ohio and their guitarist shreds.

Anyone out there like these guys?

I've got the "In The Face of Danger" release and after the first listen I thought it was okay but nothing fantastic.......probably need to listen again...

Thanks DP.

I listened to a few samples and I liked the Dokkenish sound I was hearing but maybe the rest wasn't as good. But to me I heard some Dokken with some shredding guitar playing.

I've got the "In The Face of Danger" release and after the first listen I thought it was okay but nothing fantastic.......probably need to listen again...

Thanks DP.

I listened to a few samples and I liked the Dokkenish sound I was hearing but maybe the rest wasn't as good. But to me I heard some Dokken with some shredding guitar playing.

I really need to spin it again as it wouldn't be the first release that needed several spins to hit home....

Thanks DP.

I really need to spin it again as it wouldn't be the first release that needed several spins to hit home....

I hear you. That's happened many times to me over the years.

Then again it's happened many times where I loved something at first and over time don't care much for it.

'In The Face Of Danger' ain't bad...the guitarist (Michael Harris) has recorded some solo albums.Definitely not the calibre of a Dokken though.

what do you mean,my buddy? dokken better than arch rival or lynch better than harris? of course i disagree 'bout the 2nd option, although of course these two can't be compared due to different style...and the albums of zanister(harris/chastain), considering the dark years they've been released, are pure masterpieces.

'In The Face Of Danger' ain't bad...the guitarist (Michael Harris) has recorded some solo albums.Definitely not the calibre of a Dokken though.

what do you mean,my buddy? dokken better than arch rival or lynch better than harris? of course i disagree 'bout the 2nd option, although of course these two can't be compared due to different style...and the albums of zanister(harris/chastain), considering the dark years they've been released, are pure masterpieces.

So do you reccommend these guys George? They sound good to me. :headbanger:

• 2023 Gold Donors

:guitbannana:

Hey Wes,you can't go wrong w/ 'In The Face Of Danger' ...solid release.

So do you reccommend these guys George? They sound good to me. :headbanger:

i love their first ep(actually 2 trax of it) + demotape. not the others. and surely they're the less interesting works of m.harris.