Shanghai - 'Take another bite'

Geoff

shanghaiband3.jpg

Just thought I'd drop a thread on a personal favourite release of mine. I've had this on CDR since the time when donkeys and humans mated without contempt and it's been on my want list for as long.

Finally scored one of the new Metal Mayhem re-issues from ebay the other day (they're going cheap so check 'em out!) and have this silver pressed nugget in the collection. Only problem appears to be it's missing the 'Shining heart' bonus track. :( Oh well, can't win them all.

Any other fans of this band? In another thread I described them to Cousin Wes as a mix of Roxxi and Concrete Jungle. Produced by James Christian (House of Lords) the sound is killer too. Basically, you get 8 in your face hard rockers and a great ballad. Truly a CD I cannot fault.

Shame the 2nd release, 'Bombs away' didn't quite measure up to this. It's okay, but safe and not as unbridled and pure as this one.

Some videos already posted on the forum:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.ph...amp;hl=shanghai

558358.jpg Take a bite? Only if you insist. drool.gif

If you like it so much, you should try snagging the original Jap version:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shanghai-Take-Another-...=item1c0dcf32dc

This is the version I have, and it is an excellent CD. I think their 2nd is almost as good.

This is the version I have, and it is an excellent CD. I think their 2nd is almost as good.

Wow, nice. I wonder how long it'll stay at that price, though. :lol: I'll keep an eye on it. Does that have 'Shining light' on it?

I really need to spin the second one again. I always remember being disappointed by it but then when I recently tore apart my collection to make my new trade list, I do actually remember spinning it and enjoying it. Maybe I just need to spend more time with this band. I just love the innocent enthusiasm of the debut.

shanghaiband3.jpg

Just thought I'd drop a thread on a personal favourite release of mine. I've had this on CDR since the time when donkeys and humans mated without contempt and it's been on my want list for as long.

Finally scored one of the new Metal Mayhem re-issues from ebay the other day (they're going cheap so check 'em out!) and have this silver pressed nugget in the collection. Only problem appears to be it's missing the 'Shining heart' bonus track. :( Oh well, can't win them all.

Any other fans of this band? In another thread I described them to Cousin Wes as a mix of Roxxi and Concrete Jungle. Produced by James Christian (House of Lords) the sound is killer too. Basically, you get 8 in your face hard rockers and a great ballad. Truly a CD I cannot fault.

Shame the 2nd release, 'Bombs away' didn't quite measure up to this. It's okay, but safe and not as unbridled and pure as this one.

Some videos already posted on the forum:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.ph...amp;hl=shanghai

558358.jpg Take a bite? Only if you insist. drool.gif

Those links to the videos are gone now. :unsure:

Wow, nice. I wonder how long it'll stay at that price, though. :lol: I'll keep an eye on it. Does that have 'Shining light' on it?

I really need to spin the second one again. I always remember being disappointed by it but then when I recently tore apart my collection to make my new trade list, I do actually remember spinning it and enjoying it. Maybe I just need to spend more time with this band. I just love the innocent enthusiasm of the debut.

Nope, my Jap pressing does not have Shining Light.

• 2 weeks later...

Great release. I didn't think it was that good when I bought it. But WOW what I was wrong I got it really cheap on Ebay as well a couple of months ago. THe Anniversery Disc from Metal Mayhem. I have had their secod release since it was released. Not as great as this debut IMO.