Unisonic: Michael Kiske And Dennis Ward

T-BONE

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=130123

Former HELLOWEEN vocalist Michael Kiske has teamed up with Dennis Ward (bass) and Kosta Zafiriou (drums) of Germany's PINK CREAM 69 in a brand new project dubbed UNISONIC. Swiss guitarist Mandy Meyer, who has previously played with ASIA, GOTTHARD and KROKUS, completes the group's lineup.

UNISONIC marks the first time Kiske has been involved in a real band situation in almost 16 years. Having split with HELLOWEEN in late 1993, he participated in various projects and released several solo albums but had not been part of a real group effort until now.

While collaborating with Ward and Zafiriou on the PLACE VENDOME project four years ago, Kiske found two musical soulmates. They ended up recording two PLACE VENDOME albums before deciding to join forces in a new brand new band. Ward, who had previously produced a record for KROKUS, suggested Meyer as the perfect addition to the group in the vacant guitarist slot.

Sharing the vision of a rock band free of any musical limitations, the quartet has already started writing songs for its debut album, which is scheduled for release in late spring.

Kiske, one of the finest and most unique voices in contemporary rock music, explains his motivation of becoming a part of a band again: "Since the PLACE VENDOME productions I was impressed by Dennis Ward's skills as a songwriter and producer. We were occasionally fooling around since then via email that we should do more together in the future, so the idea came up to do a new band. I was generally getting a bit tired of doing everything on my own for so many years, so it just felt like the right thing to do now. We can all only benefit from working together. No matter how good you are solo, four people will always be better than one, I think, if they manage to function together. And a real band is also a very good reason to finally go on tour again. After 17 years, I can't wait to get back on stage and have some fun with the band and the fans!"

In the summer of 2010, UNISONIC will hit the festival stages all over Europe. Dates in other territores are also planned.

Not sure this pleases me. Does this mean the end of PC69?

Also, I'm assuming this is musically very different to Place Vendome or they'd have just retained the name. Yeah, I'll wait until I hear it, but I'm not excited at all just yet.

Not sure this pleases me. Does this mean the end of PC69?

Also, I'm assuming this is musically very different to Place Vendome or they'd have just retained the name. Yeah, I'll wait until I hear it, but I'm not excited at all just yet.

Interesting, but yeah, one shall have to wait and see .... I definitely hope it's not the end of PC69.

Hopefully this will be a return to Metal for Kiske.

Nothing against his other projects but he is a Metal singer and he needs to get back to that as he sounded great on the last Avantasia disc. Although I guess he could do both the AOR and the Metal projects to please both fans.

Michael Kiske is a Froot Loop.

Just sayin'. <_<

Looking forward to the inevitable press statements from him about how this new project isn't "heavy metal" because he hates that music now, and then when the project inevitably fails, the follow up statement blaming its failure on his heavy metal audience for being too narrow minded to support him. :lol:

Michael Kiske is a Froot Loop.

Just sayin'. <_<

Looking forward to the inevitable press statements from him about how this new project isn't "heavy metal" because he hates that music now, and then when the project inevitably fails, the follow up statement blaming its failure on his heavy metal audience for being too narrow minded to support him. :lol:

Wasn't his last rant about one of his solo albums and it was the fans fault on why it didn't sell.

I do agree he seems off but lately he seems to be wanting to go back to do some metal stuff like the Avantasia stuff. Then again he might need the money.

Wasn't his last rant about one of his solo albums and it was the fans fault on why it didn't sell.

Every time one of his projects crashes and burns (solo album, the short lived "Supared", etc.) he gets on Blabbermouth ranting about how dumb heavy metal fans are and how they don't understand his music. You can damn near set your watch by it.

Every time one of his projects crashes and burns (solo album, the short lived "Supared", etc.) he gets on Blabbermouth ranting about how dumb heavy metal fans are and how they don't understand his music. You can damn near set your watch by it.

He's still wines about how Weiketh wrote bad songs on the last two Helloween discs to feature Kiske so he could blame Kiske and replace him with Deris. I highly doubt this since I'm not sure if Weiketh even knew who Deris was at that time considering PC69 were more of a glam band and probably didn't run in the same circles.

• 2 weeks later...