Local Brews

Jacob M.

Things are starting to get strange around here. The wasteland of Oklahoma is starting to pick up on the craft beer trend. When did Oklahoma become such a hot place for new breweries? Even 5 years ago there really wasn't a lot to talk about. About the only brewery we had was choc. OKC has had at least one brew pub since the early 90's. The Bricktown Brewery has been around since 92'. I think the Belle Isle Restaurant & Brewing Company is a bit newer. I don't believe Tulsa even has that. A couple years ago Marshall Brewing became the first Tulsa brewery since WWII. That's quite a while is it not? Now I'm finding out about COOP Ale Works, and Battered Boar Brewery in OKC. There's also Mustang Brewing Co out of Mustang, OK. It's like a Renaissance of sorts. It's starting to feel a bit like Oregon.

I'm just now finding out about all of these breweries so I haven't tried many. The only one I had a chance to try was the Marshall Sundown Wheat. If you have a chance pick up a bottle. So what are the local breweries near you?

Carolina Brewery My favorite by far. It is about 10 min. from my house and the Copperline Is one of the bset red beers I have tasted. Top Of The Hill This place is a little snooty, being right next to the UNC campus but the beer is top notch. Triangle Brewery This place is new and I haven't got there yet but I have heard great things about it.

Starting to get thirsty, must get more mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coffee, since it is only 8:30 in the morning. :drink:

There's a small brewery near me in Butler, NJ called "Ramstein" -- they make a pretty decent brew. Haven't had one in awhile tho.

I'm also not far from a brewery in Suffern NY that makes a line of beers with the "Ruffian" name -- I see'em in stores around here from time to time but have never tried one.

There's a small brewery near me in Butler, NJ called "Ramstein" -- they make a pretty decent brew. Haven't had one in awhile tho.

I'm also not far from a brewery in Suffern NY that makes a line of beers with the "Ruffian" name -- I see'em in stores around here from time to time but have never tried one.

OH MY GAWD. YOU SAID THE B WORD! :bowdown: