Song off Pantera Metal Magic

Leykis101

Hearing this album back in 1991 after falling for Cowboys, I always knew of Pantera, but only knew them from my friend, or my mentor if you will, who stopped listening to them after Power Metal, but I had him copy the first 4 on to tape, needless to say, I wasnt in a frame of mind to be hearing 80's metal, as Cowboys was something I had never heard, or heard anything like it! Power Metal was always funny to let trendy and poser Pantera fans hear, sometimes I could win something by betting them it was Phil, that automatically made them think it wasnt! but outside of P.S.T. 88 and Over And Out, I pretty much ignored it, as Vulgar was coming out and my mind was fucking destroyed, I remember taking Power Metal in on a trade at the cd store i worked at, gave the dude like $5 credit for it, then gave it to my friend, but last night I pulled out the bootleg copys my friend made me, and I was giving Metal Magic another try, and I came acrossed an Awesome fucking song, Tell Me If You Want It, anybody else find this one catchy? probably not, but maybe you could retry your first 4 Pantera's and find something you missed? You know, regardless of what anyone says, when you have a chemistry, and a talented setup with the Rhythm section clicking with each other, then you throw in a truly talented and driven guitarist, im convinced Pantera is THE ONLY!!! band that could have successfully pulled off the transition they did! if you hate TGSTK, or Far Beyond, if you listen to the music, there is not another band in history, that did heavy half thrash music, like they did, no other band had the kind of musicianship and unique sound, not to mention complex (for the type of music) guitar riffs! I am personally a fan of EVERY SINGLE SONG THEY EVER DID!! even know I sometimes think Phil overkills, I can listen beyond it, to the music, and it never let's me down!

A huge Pantera fan right here and that goes for the old stuff and the 90's stuff as well.

Out of the old ones I prefer "Projects in the Jungle", "Power Metal" and "I Am the Night" over "Metal Magic". Early on they had that Van Halen meets old school Def Leppard and then when Phil joined they got a little heavier almost like Judas Priest on the PM release. I just wish the band would reissue all of these on cd officially.

A huge Pantera fan right here and that goes for the old stuff and the 90's stuff as well.

Out of the old ones I prefer "Projects in the Jungle", "Power Metal" and "I Am the Night" over "Metal Magic". Early on they had that Van Halen meets old school Def Leppard and then when Phil joined they got a little heavier almost like Judas Priest on the PM release. I just wish the band would reissue all of these on cd officially.

Id say a big no! and now Darrell's gone, i'd say the chances are even less then before! I believe I heard Rex talking about it somewhere after Dimebag got murdered, that he played on all of them, but he was so young that he just let Darrell and Vinnie deal with all that shit, Vinnie doesnt believe the cost of releasing it, would match the cost it would bring in, Rex says that Metal Magic's Masters were lost or stolen or something, plus! Phil wants absolutely nothing to do with Power Metal, I guess he cant fuck lot's of chicks, and kick peoples ass's if they knew he had long hair and could actually sing very well! these bootlegs my buddy recorded for me don't sound very bad at all! he's got the copy of Power Metal I gave him 15 years ago, I know for a fact, it's not worth any of their time to go through and remaster and polish up the masters they do have, outside of people like us! very few people either A. Know they exsisted prior to Cowboys, or B. have heard the stuff prior to Cowboys, and laughed! it sure would be cool if they could hand off the masters to someone who was interested in seeing them get a cd release! I mean they might as well just sell them, what good are they to anybody, when they are dormant???

Of the three (four if you count POWER METAL; I don't) "Glam" Pantera albums, METAL MAGIC is my least favorite. In fact, it pretty much out and out sucks. I realize that it was 1983 and they were only 16 year old kids with heads full of Van Halen and KISS at that time, but it is quite simply a godawful album.

Gimme I AM THE NIGHT or PROJECTS IN THE JUNGLE any day.

I merely mentioned I discovered 1 song on Metal Magic that I thought was good! Tell Me If You Want It's a good song! it is! the guitar work on Metal Magic doesnt suck! but I agree, not the finest hour for pantera!

Phil Anselmo definitely goes in the "guys who should've never picked up a f**king mic" category...

Hey, Phil was an Icon, he was one of my idols when I was in junior high, he can sing, he can scream, the only problem was I made the mistake of meeting him! he's not that great anymore!