Hardcore Superstar

Geoff

Hardcore Superstar  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a little curious on this one. From afar I thought 'Dreamin' in a casket' was the better album but having now played both back to back I actually think 'Beg for it' is quite easily the better album.

IMO, both discs kick ass and mark a significant (thankfully) change in sound for this band. I love 'Dreamin' in a casket' from beginning to end but I do find that I sit there hanging out for 'Sorry For The Shape I'm In' a lot more than I do anything on 'Beg for it'. With 'Beg for it', I find it a little more consistent and the level of songs is just a little higher. Better hooks, the guitar is a bit more ferocious. I don't know, I just like 'Beg for it' better. :)

I don't wanna hijack this thread but while you are voting and answering what Geoff asks, as a secondary comment I wonder if anyone would maybe offer their opinions of these 2 cd's compared to the self titled 2005 release?

I really like the S/T release so if the follow ups are that much better then I want to grab them.

If I should just start my own thread let me know...I thought maybe this would fit as long as the thread doesn't get side tracked.

Yeah, as far as I know I'm the only one who doesn't agree with what Lindsay said. I believe 100% of other board members prefer that s/t disc.

For me, since their beginning they were just an average modern sleaze band like Backyard Babies that I could take as easy as I could leave. IMO, the s/t was the best of the bunch but just a continuation of where they were already at. For 'Dreamin' in a casket' they came out with an all-new real bad-ass hard rock sound and to me that's when this band came alive. :)

Yeah, as far as I know I'm the only one who doesn't agree with what Lindsay said. I believe 100% of other board members prefer that s/t disc.

For me, since their beginning they were just an average modern sleaze band like Backyard Babies that I could take as easy as I could leave. IMO, the s/t was the best of the bunch but just a continuation of where they were already at. For 'Dreamin' in a casket' they came out with an all-new real bad-ass hard rock sound and to me that's when this band came alive. :)

Hmmm, well I have been playing some of the tunes on their website. What they have posted is good. I might check the newer ones out.